BCC Research projects that the total global market for metamaterials is expected to grow from $289.2 million in 2013 to about $1.2 billion by 2019 and nearly $3.0 billion by 2024, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.5% between 2019 and 2024.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for metamaterials and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024.
- Information about emerging metamaterials technologies and applications, and in more detail those technologies and applications that are most likely to achieve significant commercial sales in the future.
- A look at market drivers for each type of metamaterial as well as the hindrances to their successful commercialization.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
Download Report Overview
GLOBAL MARKET FOR METAMATERIALS APPLICATIONS BY MATERIAL TYPE, THROUGH 2024
Source: BCC Research
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report addresses the emerging global market for metamaterials, including the classes listed below. The common thread uniting this diverse group of materials is that they are all artificial materials with characteristics usually not found in nature, and they owe these characteristics to their structure rather than to their constituent element or elements.
- Artificial dielectrics.
- Negative refraction media.
- Active terahertz (THz) materials (i.e., metamaterials that respond magnetically to far-infrared or THz electromagnetic radiation).
- Chiral materials.
- Photonic crystals.
- Superconducting metamaterials.
- Extreme-parameter metamaterials (i.e., metamaterials with internal structures that have been modified or engineered on a molecular or nanoscale level to impart extraordinary strength, flexibility or other characteristics).
- Acoustic metamaterials.
The study format includes the following major elements.
- Executive summary.
- General properties of metamaterials.
- Historical milestones in the development of metamaterials.
- Emerging and developmental metamaterials technologies and applications that demonstrate the greatest commercial potential through 2024.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and material during the period from 2014 to 2019.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (i.e., 2019–2024).
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams is a partner at 43rd Parallel, LLC, a Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm. He is the author of a number of other BCC Research market opportunity reports on advanced materials technologies, including the previous edition of this report. Other reports by Mr. McWilliams include IFT066A Printed Electronics: The Global Market; NAN017F Nanostructured Materials: Electronic/Magnetic/Optoelectronic; AVM050B Smart and Interactive Textiles; AVM015G High-Performance Ceramic Coatings: Markets and Technologies; AVM064A Geosynthetics: Materials, Applications and Markets; AVM025G Diamond, Diamond-like and CBN Films and Coating Products; NAN015F Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders; PHO003A Nanotechnology for Photonics: Global Markets; AVM075C Graphene: Technologies, Applications and Markets; AVM066C: Superconductors: Technologies and Global Markets; and AVM038E Advanced Structural Carbon Products: Fibers, Foams, and Composites.
Download Report Overview