High-Performance Ceramic Coatings: Markets and Technologies
The North American market for high-performance ceramic coatings was worth $1.3 billion in 2010 and $1.4 billion in 2011. It is expected to grow to more than $2.0 billion by 2016, a projected five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4%.
This BCC study has been conducted with a global perspective in terms of materials and their applications. Market projections have been conducted for North America. All market table values are in 2010 U.S. dollars.
The report provides business planners and managers with an improved understanding of the direction and impact of the high-performance ceramic coating technologies, and how markets will be affected and new opportunities created.
The report contains:
- An in-depth analysis of the technologies used for high--performance ceramic coatings.
- An overview of materials for high-performance ceramic coatings and their properties.
- New developments and recent patents in high-performance ceramic thermal spray, PVD, CVD and other coating techniques.
- Current and potential applications for high-performance ceramic coatings.
- Current and future market projections for ceramic coatings in all the major applications.
- Profiles of current industry players, including suppliers of equipment, consumables, coating service providers and users.
- A review of the economic/market opportunities for current industry participants and new entrants.
BCC feels, therefore, that the qualitative and quantitative judgments embodied in this report are a valuable contribution to the current knowledge of high-performance ceramic coatings.
This report is an update of an earlier (2004) report prepared by Dr. Thomas Abraham. Dr. Abraham was formerly vice president and director of the Advanced Materials Group of BCC. Dr. Abraham has extensive experience in the field of advanced materials, including advanced ceramics, synthetic diamonds and diamond films, magnetic materials, high-performance coatings, and superconductors.
The analyst responsible for updating the report is Andrew McWilliams, a partner in the Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm, 43rd Parallel LLC. Mr. McWilliams is the author or co-author of numerous other BCC studies, including studies in related fields such as AVM025G Diamond, Diamond-Like and CBN Films and Coating Products; NAN015F Advanced Ceramics and Nano Ceramic Powders; NAN021E Global Markets for Nanocomposites, Nanoparticles, Nanoclays and Nanotubes; NAN040A Nanomaterials Markets by Type; and AVM008B Synthetic Gems and Minerals.