Global Markets for Bioengineered Protein Drugs
The global market for bioengineered protein drugs is expected to reach $228.4 billion by 2021 from $172.5 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% from 2016 through 2021.
- An overview of the global market for bioengineered protein drugs.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014 and 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Coverage of proteins that are used for therapeutic purposes, including an analysis of protein-based drugs in clinical trials.
- A look at current technologies underlying the market as well as the effects new technologies will have on the market.
- An analysis of the patent landscape in this field and the companies with the greatest breadth in their IP portfolios.
- Profiles major companies involved in the production and modification of protein drugs.
Bioengineered protein drugs are drugs that help treat chronic diseases like diabetes, asthma, cancer, various blood disorders, fertility disorders, immunological disorders and hormonal disorders. This report focuses on the global bioengineered protein drug market and its products, and provides an updated review of its applications in various arenas of biomedical research.
The scope of the study is global. BCC Research analyzes each market and its application, regulatory environment, technologies involved, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. The technological issues include all the latest trends, pipeline products and developments.
The bioengineered protein drugs that are covered in this report are monoclonal antibodies, cytokines, peptide antibiotics, vaccines, therapeutic enzymes, blood factors, and peptide hormones. These products are all bioengineered and produced by recombinant DNA technology.
The geographical regions covered in the report are North America, Europe, and emerging markets. The emerging market segment covers countries including India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada among others.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead to the bioengineered protein drugs industry. Some of the major players of the market include Eli Lilly and Co., AbbVie Inc., F. Hoffmann–La Roche Ltd., Sanofi S.A., Novo Nordisk AG, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., Merck KGaA and Amgen Inc., among others.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master's degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. She was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S. Some of her other reports for BCC Research are:
- MST034E Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography.
- IAS004F Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment.
- PHM006K Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems.
- PHM040A Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices.
- HLC040D Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
- PHM047A Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry.
- BIO014H Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology.
- PHM043F Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging.
- BIO012F Global Markets for Chiral Technology.
- PHM065A Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets.
- HLC085A Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets.
- PHM057C Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market.
- PHM055A Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets.
- HLC041B Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices.
- HLC027B Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.