REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Sterilization ensures safe products for human consumption and industrial processes. The delivery of sterile products has created the need for effective, rapid and economical technologies that ensure safety throughout the production process.
This report explores and analyzes the key processes of filter, heat, chemical and radiation sterilization. Industry trends are analyzed, and global sales projections for 2011 to 2016 for the medical, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and food and beverage equipment and consumables are provided.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to describe and discuss changes in the global sterilization industry. This report is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To describe the trends and developments for each type of sterilization technology and how each is meant to satisfy the needs of the market.
- To project manufacturer sales for capital equipment and selected consumables used by the sterilization industry, with particular attention to the time period of 2011 to 2016.
- To analyze market and driving forces with particular attention to regulatory impacts that create certain programs for specific industries in order to suggest the market size for the technologies and pinpoint target applications.
- To provide regional sales analysis for the Americas; Europe, Middle East, Russia and Africa (EMRA); and Asian markets.
- To examine the sterilization business in terms of the types of companies and their positions in the market.
The report is designed to appeal to many different readers, including venture capitalists interested in exploring commercialization opportunities, marketing and management individuals within the industry and readers who wish to understand how market pressures and technology interact in the industry.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report organizes information from diverse sources into cohesive units that include overview, industry structure and technology sections, as well as regional sections that include the Americas (Canada, U.S., Mexico, Latin America and South America); EMRA; and Asia (Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, India and other Asian countries).
The overview examines sterilization in general, the types of technology and regulatory influences. The industry structure section discusses the most active suppliers, with regard to relative market share, marketing strengths and forces that promote or hamper growth of technologies. The technology sections detail historical, current and projected (2011 through 2016) market values for filter, heat, chemical, radiation and emerging sterilization technologies.
METHODOLOGIES AND INFORMATION SOURCES
The data for this report was gathered from primary and secondary sources. Sources include information obtained from industry analysts such as Goldman Sachs; trade journals; industry associations such as the American Institute of Chemical Engineers; the U.S. Patent and Trademark Organization (USPTO); company reports and press releases; product literature; and government documents. Where precise information was not available, a consensus was made using reasonable assumptions and estimates based on historical data.
The market values are for capital equipment sales only unless specified as a consumables market.
Peggy S. Lehr is the BCC Research analyst of this report. Ms. Lehr holds a BS in Journalism from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and a MS in Communication from the University of Denver. Ms. Lehr has worked within the publishing industry for both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, and she specializes in marketing reports on the medical industry.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.