Compound Feeds and Additives: Global Markets
The global market for animal feed totaled about $99.7 billion in 2012, and sales reached about $106 billion in 2013. At a 6.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018, the global animal feed market is expected to rise to almost $144.4 billion in 2018.
- An overview of the global market for compound feeds and additives
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Information on the current structure and dynamics of the markets of compound feed ingredients and insight into the interrelationships and interaction among them
- Details on quantities manufactured and used and analyses of prices and market value developments
- Comprehensive profiles of important companies that are active in the preparation and marketing of feed additives.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses animal feed and feed additives in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology involved, market projections and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The following markets were studied: the North America region, which includes the United States, Canada, Mexico and Cuba; the European, Middle East and Africa region, usually abbreviated as EMEA, which includes all European nations, all African nations and extends east to Iran and includes Russia; and the Asia-Pacific region, which includes Australia, Japan, India, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Mauritius and Singapore.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager for this project was Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. Research topics she has covered include studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest from ibuprofen and 2-naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and the U.S.
Some of her other reports with BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
The lead analyst for this project was Urvashi Malhotra, a nutritionist who holds a Master’s degree in foods and nutrition and hospital management. She has a number of research publications in her credit, including her thesis titled, “Development of Products Using Various Alternative Sweeteners.”