Cardiovascular Surgical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for cardiovascular surgical devices is expected to grow from nearly $37.0 billion in 2015 to $57.2 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate of 9.4% from 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets for cardiovascular surgical devices.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Incidence rates of cardiovascular diseases in the United States, WHO regions, and in selected countries.
- Discussion of key cardiovascular surgical procedures, traditional and interventional surgery, and adoption of robotics in surgery.
- Examination of procedures related to cardiac rhythm management, including devices and definitions.
- Reviews of procedures and devices related to cardiac assist.
- Patent analysis of various devices by year and by assignee.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses multiple technologies and procedures related to cardiovascular surgical devices. The study focused primarily on four categories of cardiovascular surgery: traditional (open), interventional, cardiac rhythm management (CRM) and cardiac ablation procedures. These procedure groupings are categorized logically so that comparisons can be made within procedural groups as well as across the cardiovascular surgical devices industry as a whole. Note that carotid artery surgery related to stroke, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surgery to correct aortic aneurysms, and surgical and stenting procedures designed to address peripheral vascular disease are not addressed in detail in this report.
BCC Research analyzes the industry on a worldwide basis from market, product and technology perspectives. Regulations and reimbursement issues and patents issued from 2011 through mid-2016 are also examined to identify patient safety, regulatory review and insurance coverage issues for stakeholders and potential stakeholders in this industry.
The report examines the cardiovascular surgery device industry in general, the types of technologies currently in use as well as future technological developments, and regulatory influences that affect product distribution. The industry structure section discusses the most active manufacturers with respect to relative market share, marketing strengths and forces that promote or hinder the growth of technologies. The technology sections detail historical (2014), and projected (2015 to 2020) market values.
Bhavna Joshi has more than six years of healthcare domain experience. In addition to business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. After earning her MBA (marketing and finance stream) from Chennai University, she worked with major market research firms.
Joshi has authored several market research studies in the healthcare domain. Some of these include:
- Healthcare tracking technologies.
- Molecular diagnostics market.
- High-growth markets in healthcare and life sciences.
- Adoption rates and analysis of over-the-counter (OTC) diabetic medicines and supplements.
- Radio frequency identification (RFID), real-time locating systems (RTLS), Internet Protocol (IP) surveillance and other emerging technologies in the healthcare domain.