Operating Room Equipment: Global Markets
The global operating room market is expected to grow from nearly $13.1 billion in 2014 to reach nearly $21.0 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for operating room equipment and related technologies.
- Identification and analysis of the market's drivers, influences, restraints, and opportunities.
- Information on product launches, merger and acquisition activity, and joint ventures.
- Segmentation of the market by geography, application area, and by basic vs. digital device.
- Details concerning service providers as well as information on system integrators.
- Profiles of major companies involved in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
The report will throw light on conventional versus modern operating rooms and the role of high-end tech devices used in the OR. The report covers conventional or basic OR tools such as lights and operating tables, but also includes high definition (HD) displays, surgical microscopes, and picture archiving and communication systems (PACS). It will also discuss the areas of application such as in hospitals, surgical centers, ASCs and clinical centers. The report discusses in detail key issues influencing the growth of each market segment, key players, geographic trends and estimations.
Although the report intends to include all the components in the OR, it excludes surgical devices, ventilators and other emergency respiratory support devices at the micro level. The discussion of surgical devices in the market overview intends to cover the transition phase from conventional to modern OR. This report aims at discussing the value of the modern OR and the importance of integrated systems, data management and communication tools. Therefore, the report excludes surgery-specific tools and consumables used in the OR such as anesthesia drugs, surgical clothing and oxygen.
Bhavna Joshi has more than six years of domain experience. In addition to business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. She holds an MBA in the marketing and finance field from Chennai University and has worked with major market research firms.
Bhavna Joshi has authored several market research studies on subjects in the healthcare domain, including:
- Healthcare tracking technologies.
- Molecular diagnostics market.
- High-growth markets in healthcare and life sciences.
- Adoption rates and analysis of over-the-counter (OTC) diabetic medicines and supplements.
- Radio frequency identification (RFID), real-time locating systems (RTLS), Internet protocol (IP) surveillance and other emerging technologies in the healthcare domain.