Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment
The global spectroscopy market reached $13.5 billion in 2015 and should reach $15.6 billion in 2020, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% through 2020.
- An overview of the global market for spectroscopy, including definitions and history of the science, and an introduction to the different types of spectroscopy equipment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Discussion of the different types of spectroscopic analysis: bulk, mixture, surface, and spectroscopic microanalysis
- Examination of the markets for spectroscopic instruments by their typical applications; these applications are broken into six main groups: biotechnology, environmental, food and beverage, industrial chemistry, materials, and pharmaceuticals
- Evaluations of the technology, with an emphasis on both established and new spectroscopic technologies
- Present and future trends within the spectroscopy market, which includes molecular, atomic, mass/hyphenated, and some other types of spectroscopies
- Coverage of the structure and activities of the spectroscopic industry, with emphasis on industry classification, the active mergers-and-acquisitions (M&A) business, marketing and competitive factors, and major domestic producers and suppliers
- Profiles of the major players and suppliers in the industry
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This report focuses on the global market of spectroscopy products and provides an updated review, including its applications in various applications. The report deals with spectroscopy products covering the total market, which includes three main industries: pharmaceutical and biotechnology, food and beverage, and environmental industries. This report also considers other industries such as textile or metal industries, forensics, energy, etc.
The scope of the study is global. BCC Research analyzed each market and its application, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. The geographical regions covered in the report are North America, Europe and the emerging markets. The emerging market covers countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that are leading the spectroscopy products industry. Major market players in this industry are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Danaher Corp., Bruker Corp., Jeol Ltd., Agilent Technologies, Shimadzu Corp., Waters Corp. and PerkinElmer.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. She was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S. Some of her other reports for BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
- The Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies:Global Markets
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
The lead consultant for this project was Dr. Smita Khanna, who holds a PhD in biotechnology. She has many publications in the field of biotechnology and has worked with many big research institutes.