Revenues for the global laser market reached nearly $2.4 billion in 2012 and are expected to reach nearly $2.6 billion in 2013. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% between 2013 and 2018 and reach $3.4 billion by 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for lasers used in industrial applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- A breakdown of application segments, including medical, precision cutting, continuous and spot welding, cladding, drilling, bending, engraving, sintering, soldering, laser scribing, optical pumping, test and measurement, remote sensing, coherent laser radar, interferometry, materials channelization, and photonic doppler velocitemetry.
- A separate examination of the surrounding equipment market, including hardware, software, optical fiber cable, and chillers.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
Download Report Overview
REVENUE FOR LASER MARKET, 2012-2018
Source: BCC Research
SCOPE OF REPORT
The laser is a fascinating tool that has had its impact on many markets, including consumer, medical, scientific, communications, and industrial, among others.
The scope of this report is the industrial market; how lasers are used to allow us to better manufacture products through such processes as welding, sintering, cutting, and marking.
Lasers help businesses perform better by providing labor–saving tools that operate more efficiently and precisely than more traditional methods.
In today’s age of green technology, lasers can help us use power more efficiently and safely. The following lasers are discussed in detail in this report:
- Carbon Dioxide.
- Fiber Laser.
- Direct Diode.
The author, C. David Chaffee, has been a writer and analyst in the photonics industry for 31 years. He has written innumerable articles on photonics, markets for photonics, and the technologies they deploy.
Mr. Chaffee has written two books on fiber optics: The Rewiring of America: The Fiber Optics Revolution (Academic Press) and Building the Global Fiber Optic Superhighway (Harcourt Brace Jovanovich).
He wrote the first newsletter in fiber optics entitled Fiber Optics News, as well as more than 25 market research reports in the photonics area for companies including CIR Research, Laurin Publishing, Phillips Publishing and Chaffee Fiber Optics.
Companies he has worked for include Brimrose Corporation, LightCounting, OSA (the Optical Society) and Photonics Spectra Magazine.
He also formerly worked at Ciena Corporation, a photonics and high tech company, as Corporate Editor, responsible for all written communication coming from the company.
He has a master’s degree in journalism from the University of Maryland at College Park and has worked at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Download Report Overview