Optical Sensing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for optical sensors was valued at $291.6 million in 2014. This market is projected to grow from $315.9 million in 2015 to $971.8 million in 2020, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for optical sensing and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data for 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Analyses of product trends, the competitive landscape and leading players along with their key developments, strategies, and profiles.
- Breakdowns of the market by type, application, industry end-use segments, and by region.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- A look at the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Evaluation of the value chain as well as supply chain.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The optical sensor market is segmented into categories as follows:
- By type: extrinsic sensors and intrinsic sensors. Extrinsic optical sensors are further sub-segmented into temperature sensors, flow measurement sensors, pressure sensors, and others. Intrinsic sensors are further sub-segmented into rotation sensors, acceleration sensors, strain sensors, and others.
- By application: military and law enforcement, night vision cameras, biometrics, partial discharge detection, biological sensing, chemical sensing, and others.
- By industry end user: aerospace and defense, utilities, construction, chemical, oil and gas, and others.
- By region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and rest of Commonwealth Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others; and Rest of the World (ROW) covers Middle East, Africa, and South America.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the optical sensor market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the optical sensor market.
Sinha G. holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics, semiconductors, photonics, chemicals and communications markets, and he helps clients understand these markets in a concise and intellectual manner. He has researched various markets for several years, including electronics, semiconductors, chemicals, photonics and information technology. Specific market research reports have covered quantum dots, ultrafast lasers, VCSELS, UV-cured resins and metrology.