The global photonic integrated circuit (IC) technology market reached $165.3 million in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $206.5 million in 2013 and $866.4 million in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.2% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for photonic integrated circuit (IC) technology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- In-depth breakdown and analysis of the photonic integrated circuit market by application, by components, and by materials.
- Definition of the market by supply chain, value chain, and future outlook and expectations.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR PHOTONIC IC TECHNOLOGY BY APPLICATION 2011-2018
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report is an impact analysis of photonic integrated circuit (ICs) technology. The information in this report includes factors currently driving and restricting the growth of the market, as well as factors impacting the future of the industry. The goals and objectives include:
- To understand opportunities and innovation–driven photonic IC market highlights, and the major regions and countries involved in such developments.
- To analyze the various applications of the photonic IC market and market dynamics of each application.
- To identify segments with high growth potential; also to understand future application of given segments.
- To investigate key trends related to the applications, technology, raw materials, and components that shape and influence the photonic IC market.
- To describe region–specific developments in the industry.
- To understand the major stakeholders in the market and competitive landscape for the market leaders.
- To analyze growth strategies by key players in the photonic IC market.
- To analyze patent positions where relevant.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Ongoing limitation of electronic ICs in pursuit of more transistors over a single silicon substrate has pressured the industry to find an alternative. Photonic ICs were developed to provide high speed with decreasing size and high end functionality. The scope of the study is intended to discuss the upcoming and present market trends of photonic ICs, their potential as well as their limitations, and which mode of integration seems most favored.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The photonic IC technology market is segmented into following categories:
- Integration: monolithic integration, hybrid integration and module integration.
- Applications: optical communications, optical signal processing, sensing and biophotonics.
- Components: modulators, lasers, detectors, multiplexers/de–multiplexers, attenuator and optical amplifiers.
- Materials: indium phosphide (InP), gallium arsenide (GaAs), lithium niobate (LiNbO3), silicon (Si), silica–on–silicon and others.
- Geography: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and CIS; APAC is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others, while RoW covers the Middle East and South America.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
- End user companies.
- Raw material providers.
- Players involved in testing phase.
- Investors (private equity, venture capital, etc.).
The various sources used to recognize and collect useful information required for commercial and technical study of the photonic IC technology market are mentioned below:
- Primary sources.
- Selected experts from related industries.
- Preferred suppliers.
- Secondary sources.
- Research papers.
- White papers.
- Databases such as OneSource, Factiva, Bloomberg, Sec filings, Reuters.
- Stock exchanges such as TMX, NASDAQ, ASX, and LSE.
Gaurav Bhushan holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India) and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets and he helps clients understand these markets in a concise and intellectual manner. He has four years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, financials and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics, and nanotechnology. His publications include subjects such as quantum dots, big data, ultracapacitors, home automation, HMDs, factory automation, and the RF components market, among others.
BCC RESEARCH ONLINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Read announcements of recently published reports.
- Register for its well–known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and is of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it be considered as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. BCC Research and the author assume no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview