- The total market for plastics additives is projected to increase from $39.6 billion in 2011, to $41.3 billion in 2012, to more than $43.1 billion in 2013, and to nearly $54.7 billion in 2018 yielding a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% for a period of five years, from 2013 to 2018.
- The market for property modifiers was $22.2 billion in 2011, which is expected to increase to $24 billion by 2013. This segment is further projected to reach nearly $30.6 billion by 2018, a CAGR of 5.0% over the last five years.
- The market for property stabilizers was $11.2 billion in 2011, which is expected to increase to $12.3 billion by 2013, a CAGR of 4.9% over the three year period. This particular segment is further projected to reach nearly $15.6 billion by 2018, a CAGR of 4.9% over those five years.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR PLASTICS ADDITIVES BY TYPE, 2010-2018
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
Many products are made from plastics (e.g., protective packaging, components in cars and aircraft, insulating materials, toys, mobile phones, buildings, medical devices, profiles and pipes). Plastics improve safety, save energy and can help protect the environment. Plastics are an essential part of modern-day life, and some activities depend completely on plastics and plastic products. Plastics and plastic products are made by mixing essential polymers with additives. Additives make plastics safer, cleaner, tougher and more colorful, and in some cases, plastics will not function without them. Additives increase the cost of producing plastics; however, they help conserve precious, raw material reserves. Without the additives that turn basic polymers into useful plastics and plastic products, their use would be a lot more expensive.
The market success of polymers, such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or polypropylene (PP) depends not only on the basic polymer but also on the additives that make the plastics as useful as they are. Their usefulness is largely attributed to the polymers used to make them and not to the additives used. Yet, when concerns arise regarding human health and the environment, plastics additives are often found to be responsible, and the industry is required to replace the additive or prove that it is indeed harmless.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this market research study is to identify and measure the market opportunities for the full range of plastics additives. The global additives market is broken down and measured by various parameters, and future growth is forecast for both the overall market and every possible market segment. Regional markets are also measured and examined in detail.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
This report helps identify various growth opportunities in the field of plastics additives. The report also can help those in involved in the production and sale of additive and plastics products take full advantage of current and future opportunities.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report has been prepared and presented in a simple, easy to understand format with a number of tables and charts/figures. A study of applications and global and regional markets for all types of the plastics additives and the plastics additives industry has been made in detail. The consolidation and globalization of the plastics processing industry has been studied in this report, so that additive manufacturers and suppliers can establish themselves in all the major regions.
The supply and pricing of raw materials and the basic feedstock of various plastics additives have been fluctuating greatly with the run-up in prices of raw materials and energy. This aspect of the plastics processing industry has also been studied and analyzed in detail in this report.
The environmental/regulatory aspects of different types of plastics additives continue to present concerns as well as opportunities to additive suppliers. The effects of these factors on the supply chain, value and demand for additives have also been studied in detail in this report.
This report will be of help to those in the plastics additives industry responsible for the manufacture, distribution and supply of plastics additives:
- Manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of additives.
- Manufacturers of resins and specialty chemicals.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of masterbatches.
- Existing and new marketing personnel in the plastics additives business.
- Advisors to the plastics processing and plastics additives industries.
Both primary and secondary research methods were used in this study. Primary information sources for this market research include individuals within companies, various research organizations, governmental agencies and trade associations. Additional secondary research sources include databases, trade literature, specialized journals and government statistics.
Srinivasa Rajaram, the analyst of this report, is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has set up factories for the production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in the design, production and servicing of the above equipment. He was Senior Vice President of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and set up the electronics department for manufacturing various types of electronic weighing and dynamic balancing equipment. He has authored several technology market research reports for BCC Research.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Business Opportunity Reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview