The Life Sciences Collection spans markets that are central to the life and wellbeing of the more than 7.5 billion people on our planet. From emerging diagnostics, to brand new therapies and treatment technologies, our expert analysts know where your focus – and investment – should be when it comes to biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and healthcare. As your senior editor, I look forward to introducing you to new opportunities.
These reports emphasize markets where technologies intersect with the building blocks of human life, including DNA, RNA, cancer, genomics, genetics, molecular diagnostics and more.
Globally, healthcare constitutes a multi trillion-dollar industry. Reports in this category span the range of treatments, administration practices and technologies available around the world.
745 Reports in Life Sciences
The global longevity and anti-senescence therapies market should grow from $329.8 million in 2018 to $644.4 million by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% during 2018-2023.
The global radiopharmaceutical and therapeutics market should reach $22.0 billion by 2023 from $14.1 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% for the period of 2018 to 2023.
The global sequencing market should grow from $10.7 billion in 2018 to $24.4 billion by 2023, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
The “Market at a Glance Pharmaceuticals” provides an access to all the market share analysis segments of the best-selling and key pharmaceutical reports of BCC Research. This report is a destination for the competitive landscape in the markets that hold a significant stand in the pharmaceuticals sector. Company profiles for all the notable manufacturers in the global pharmaceutical industry are provided as a part of this report.
The global market for exosome diagnostics and therapeutics should grow from $34.7 million in 2018 to $186.2 million by 2023, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 39.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for tumor-specific antigen should grow from $1.8 billion in 2018 to $2.4 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for cell harvesting should grow from $885 million in 2018 to reach $1.5 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3% for the period of 2018-2023.
This special report provides a general overview of the orthopedic trauma fixation devices global markets and discusses the prospective growth opportunities. The coverage provides a focused view and articulates the challenges that need to be addressed for orthopedic trauma fixation devices to succeed in the global market.
Over the last year, a new $1.1 billion category of tech emerged with the purpose of helping women understand their health and well-being better than ever before: Femtech. As women have come to view fertility as a measure of their overall health—an interest no longer reserved exclusively for the prenatal set—more companies are disrupting the process of fertility awareness and contraception, as mbg investigated earlier this year, making cycle tracking a whole lot easier. Fertility apps like Daysy and Kindara come with a Bluetooth thermometer that syncs with your phone, making early-morning temperature readings super simple to record and decipher. Other companies like ava aim to make the whole experience less invasive (if thermometers aren’t your thing) by tracking vital signs via wrist wearables and delivering predictions and insights about fertility to their phone app. Some startups like Glowfocus solely on helping women get pregnant, but even Glow has a sister app, Eve, to track periods and sexual health.
For years, coastal consumers have enjoyed access to healthy foods, easily stumbling upon kombucha or probiotic-filled chocolates in trendy, niche boutiques and health food stores. This past year, we've seen larger corporations embrace wellness, starting a strong ripple effect and bringing better food at better prices to grocery stores across the country. These moves indicate a strong interest in millennials, a demographic with an estimated $1 trillion of buying power who are more dedicated to eating well and supporting ethical, sustainable business practices with their dollars than any other generation.
The global markets and technologies for optical coherence tomography (OCT) should reach $1.5 billion by 2023 from $993.9 million in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% for the period of 2018 to 2023.
The global liquid biopsy market should grow from $2.3 billion in 2018 to $6.1 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
This report on global body countering devices market seeks to provide brief description of the devices that finds application in hospitals, clinics, and spa centers so that emerging market opportunities can be identified and utilized by the reader. The report achieves this objective by examining the main product applications and markets, helping companies for prioritizing the product opportunities and strategic opportunities.
The global market for chronic kidney disease should grow from $79.0 billion in 2018 to reach $95.0 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for cell viability assays should grow from $2.7 billion in 2018 to reach $4.1 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% for the period of 2018-2023.
Posttranslational modifications hit prime time in the pharma industry. There probably isn’t a medium sized biopharmaceutical that does not have an active program ongoing, and certainly all of the big pharma companies are running multiple programs, and collaborations, for what we might have previously termed “undruggable targets”. Many of these are for highly unmet needs in neurodegeneration. The properties of the structure that forms between a target, a degrader and an E3 ligase, are under intense investigation. Minor changes affect how the drugs work - this can explain how promiscuous target-binding payloads can achieve super selectivity when transformed into a degrader. These minor alterations can also render the molecule complex not only ineffective, but sometimes toxic. However, clinical results are beginning to write a compellingly effective story – the long and winding history of research into the ubiquitin proteasome may well have more blockbusters in store for us. And cures in a once overlooked corner of the cell machinery architecture.
The global market for validation, calibration and standardization in the global life sciences should grow from $1.5 billion in 2018 to reach $2.1 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for biodegradable stents should grow from $106.7 million in 2018 to $378.0 million by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global bioprinting market should reach $1.4 billion by 2024 from $306.2 million in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 35.4% for the period 2019 to 2024.
The global cell line and membrane market should reach $220.3 million by 2023 from $172.0 million in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% for the period 2018 to 2023.
The global colorectal cancer therapeutics market should reach $18.5 billion by 2023 from $13.7 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% for the period 2018 to 2023.
The global market for drugs of abuse (DOA) testing should grow from $3.5 billion in 2018 to $4.6 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for blood screening and typing should grow from $7.7 billion in 2018 to reach $9.9 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for cancer profiling technologies should grow from $45.2 billion in 2018 to $90.6 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global market for needle-free devices should grow from $3.0 billion in 2018 to $4.6 billion by 2023, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% from 2018 to 2023.
28 Upcoming Reports in Life Sciences
Tissue Engineering and Regeneration: Technologies and Global Markets
- An overview of the global market for tissue engineering and regeneration, and related technologies
- Analysis of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- A look at the future trends, products details, and therapies available in the field of tissue engineering
- Evaluation of the competitive environments, including new and potential markets for novel therapies and treatments
- Coverage of regulatory dynamics, pipeline analysis, patent analysis, and market drivers, restrains, and opportunities
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry
Liquid Biopsy with Emphasis on Cancer: Global Markets to 2023
- An overview of the global markets for liquid biopsy technologies, applications, industry subsegments
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Regional dynamics of the liquid biopsy diagnostics market covering North America, Europe, APAC and rest of the world covering other emerging economies
- Discussion of major drivers, current trends and global outlook of liquid biopsy technologies, their growth potential and factors that influence the market
- Examination of various conventional biopsy methods and highlight how liquid biopsy enabling technologies address the issues and are gaining significant traction with key opinion leaders
- Comparative study of liquid biopsy with conventional biopsy technologies and coverage of their respective biomarkers
- Comprehensive company profiles of key market players within the industry
Global Microbiome Sequencing Market
- An overview of the global market and technologies for genome sequencing
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018 and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Analysis of the present and future opportunities and key factors influencing the in-microbiome sequencing market
- Discussion on impact of genome sequencing on pharmaceutical, biotechnology and healthcare sectors
- Information on automated instruments and discussion on how it facilitates speedy sequencing procedures
- Insights into government initiatives and funding for the development of effective drugs for the treatment and prevention from chronic diseases
- Company profiles of the major players of the market
Sensors: Technologies and Global Markets
- A detailed overview and industry analysis of the global markets for sensors within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Country specific data and analysis for U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, China, India, Japan, Brazil, South Africa and Middle Eastern Countries
- Detailed study of sensor growth in terms of accuracy, reliability, response time, robustness, miniaturization, communications capability and efficiency
- Identification of factors influencing the global sensors market such as drivers, restraints; and assessment of current and future trends
- Explanation of technology and innovations behind sensor development and production
- Comparative study of charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) image sensor technologies and discussion of their applications areas
- Information on touchless and pseudo-touchless biosensors
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players
Medical Marijuana and the Opioid Crisis
- Short introduction to what is medical marijuana: definition and main active compounds (cannabinoids)
- Current uses of medical marihuana: epilepsy, inflammation, especially as pain medication for cancer patients
- Approved products on the market containing medical marihuana/cannabinoids
- Current manufacturers of medical marihuana
- Information on medical marijuana in drug development market (examples of some companies)
- How medical marihuana is different from opioids and how/if it helps with the crisis
- Effect of legislation on medical marihuana sector: potential trends in medical marihuana market, new opportunities and products
GxP/GMP Regulation Testing, Services Market in Food, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, and Cosmetics
- An overview of the GxP/GMP regulations, testing services market in food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and cosmetics sectors
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Regional dynamics of the GxP testing services market in North America, Europe and Emerging markets that include countries like China, India, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Africa
- Information on the global market data by analytical and testing types and services, end users, application industry and regions
- Examination of merger and acquisition deals, key competitive landscape and market share analysis of leading vendors
- Assessment of existing government regulations and technological aspects of GxP guidelines and standards in food, pharma, medical devices, and cosmetic sectors
- Company profiles of the leading market players in the industry
Global Markets for Catheters
- Industry analysis of the global catheters’ market
- Analyses of the global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Coverage of important segments including cardiovascular, urological, neurovascular, intravenous and specialty catheters
- Study of impact analysis and discussion of technological, regulatory, and economic trends that are affecting the market
- Information on new products being introduced and their future impact on the market
- A relevant patent analysis
- Profiles of leading manufacturers and suppliers of catheters within the market
PCR for POC Diagnostics
BCC Research analyst Todd Graham delves into the markets being served by the new technology for polymerase chain reaction for point-of-care diagnostics, sharing the uses, outlook, and more on these clinical diagnostic kits. Recorded live on May 16, 2018.
How to Dissect a Market Opportunity
BCC Research Senior Editor Gordon Nameni shares how to interpret market research to uncover market opportunities at a live event on September 12, 2017, in Boston, MA.