Residential Roofing Materials: The North American Market
The North American residential roofing materials market is expected to grow from nearly $13.0 billion in 2018 to $14.4 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 20 data tables and 14 additional tables
- A comprehensive overview and in-depth analysis of residential roofing materials market in the North American region
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of technological, regulatory, security, and economic trends that are affecting the market
- Information on cutting edge breakthroughs by means of a detailed patent analysis
- Assess residential roofing materials market by its materials type, including asphalt shingle, wood shingle, metal shingle, roofing tile, slate and others used for applications in new construction and reconstruction segments
- Detailed profiles of the major vendors in the North America residential roofing materials market, Entegra Roof Tile, Hanson Roof Tile, Ludowici Roof Tile, Malarkey Roofing, Owens Corning, Sika Ag, Standard Industries Inc.
Roofing materials are outer roof coverings that are used as a protective layer or support to shield structures from various natural elements. Depending upon the nature, supporting structure and application used, there is variation in roofing material types. The types of roofing materials available in the market are asphalt shingle, wood shingle, metal roofing, concrete and clay, slate, membranes, etc.
Shingle is a term used to define overlapping roofing materials that are basically available in flat and rectangular shapes. These roofing materials are used for applications such as moisture resistance, algae and microbial resistance, fire resistance, storm protection, weather changes, etc.
North America is a region with extreme winter, snowfall and storms. Due to changing environmental conditions such as hailstones, tornadoes and twisters in the North American region, an increased demand for roofing materials has been observed. Climatic change is one of the major driving factors leading to the introduction of new and improved product types in the market. The manufacturers of roofing materials are also focusing on manufacturing eco-friendly roofing technologies due to various regulations for environment protection in the region. Remodeling and renovation of infrastructure in the U.S. and Canada are projected to boost the sales of roofing materials in the North American region. There has been increasing growth in real estate investments across the region in the recent past, which is further driving the market.
This report will cover the market for residential roofing materials (in terms of material type) in the North American region. It will also focus on the major trends and challenges that affect the market and supplier landscape. The research will estimate the North American market for residential roofing materials in 2017 and 2018 and project the expected consumption of the same by 2023.
The scope of this report could be described as an overview of the North American market for residential roofing materials and analyses of regional market trends, with data from 2016, considering the base year of 2017. It also estimates for 2018 through 2023 with projected CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) for this forecast duration.
The report includes discussion of technological, regulatory, security and economic trends that are affecting the market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the North American residential roofing materials market and current trends within the industry as a whole.
The report includes discussion of the residential roofing materials market (by material type e.g. asphalt shingle, wood shingle, metal shingle, roofing tile, slate and others) used for applications in new construction and reconstruction segments.
The report concludes with a special focus on the detailed profiles of major vendors in the North American residential roofing materials market.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research staff is comprised of expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis. The analysts have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements, with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery.
The North American residential roofing materials market is expected to grow from nearly $6.5 billion in 2015 to $7.8 billion by 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the period of 2015-2020.
- An overview of the residential roofing market in North America.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- An overview of the residential roofing products used in the U.S. and Canadian markets.
- Information about the latest product developments and material and technology enhancements.
- Information on industry structure, a competitive analysis, and various distribution channels along with their dynamics.
- Content key to industries such as real estate development, architecture, community planning, home technology, oil and gas refining and processing, polymer processing, plastic molding, composite processing and molding as well as others.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The North American residential roofing market reached $4.8 billion in 2010 and $5 billion in 2011. It is expected to grow to $6.6 billion by 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7%.
- Overall sales in the North American residential roofing market were worth nearly $5.3 billion in 2008, which decreased to $3.9 billion in 2009. By 2014, sales are projected to reach to $5 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 5.3%.
- The largest segment in the market, LW Laminate, was valued at $2.4 billion in 2008. This decreased to $1.6 billion in 2009, and is projected to increase slightly to $1.8 million in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 2.0%.
- Sales in the three-tab material segment were worth $1 billion in 2008, decreased to $663 million in 2009. By 2014, they are projected to increase to $732 million, for a 5-year CAGR of 2.0%.