Tactile and Dimensional Printing: Global Markets to 2022
The global market for tactile printing reached nearly $1.1 billion in 2016. This market is estimated to reach $1.9 billion in 2022 from $1.2 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% for 2017-2022.
- 56 data tables and 6 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for tactile printing
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Analyses of the market by application, by technology type, by end users, and by region.
- Discussion of different tactile printing technologies, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Distribution of patent activity relating to tactile printing
- Current and upcoming government regulations relating to both security and accessibility for the visually impaired
- Profiles of companies involved or potentially involved in tactile printing
This report considers commercial- and industrial-scale tactile printing equipment, as relevant to applications that include printing of packages, labels, currency, security documents and accessibility for the blind and visually impaired, including both braille and tactile graphics. For a detailed list of segments and breakdowns included in the scope of this report, please refer to the bullet lists below, near the end of this chapter. This report reviews and considers relevant and applicable technologies, references regulations to the extent that they drive or interfere with tactile printing market development, summarizes market developments, identifies industry trends and their influence on markets, provides a summary of relevant industry organizations and their function, provides a detailed patent analysis and provides insights and key information to support business- and investment-related strategy decisions. Note that this report does not consider small-scale consumer products such as handheld or manual embossing presses. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Robert Eckard, PhD, has 10 years of market research experience, including across various commercial, industrial and consumer level markets. Dr. Eckard has completed reviews of industrial technologies and systems for a wide array of Fortune 500 corporations, startups, consultants, industry organizations, the U.S. government, state governments and various other clients. His clients and, as a result contacts, span the globe, supporting substantial detail and key insights in this report that are not easily or readily obtained elsewhere. Dr. Eckard also runs a small industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on industrial sectors. He has reliably and repeatedly produced successful and well-regarded market research reports for BCC Research, on an array of global subjects, ranging from industrial products and systems to materials, industrial equipment, commercial equipment and efficiency-related technologies, including associated industries.