Tire Reinforcement Materials: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for tire reinforcement materials was estimated to total nearly $13 billion in 2011 and $13.5 billion in 2012; the market should total more than $16 billion by 2017 and have a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%.
- An overview of the advances and trends in tire reinforcement material manufacturing, applications, and global and regional markets.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Coverage of tire reinforcements manufactured with steel, polyester, rayon, nylon, aramid, PEN (polyethylene naphthalate), and other materials.
- Identification of key properties and advanced technologies of raw materials.
- Discussion of trends in technology.
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for tire reinforcement materials in value terms for each material and/or volume terms from 2012 through 2017. The report forecasts the market size or output for the following:
- Tire reinforcement materials such as steel tire cord fabric, steel bead wire, polyester tire cord fabric, nylon tire cord fabric, rayon tire cord fabric, aramid tire cord fabric, PEN tire cord fabric, and hybrid reinforcement materials.
- Tires such as radial light-duty tire, radial heavy-duty tire, bias light-duty tire, bias heavy-duty tire, bicycle tire, motorcycle tire, and other cycle tires. The tire reinforcement materials market is directly dependent on the tire industry, the performance of which is closely intertwined with the development of the automobile and cycle industries.
The above forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, end application, and geographical region.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.
- Stabilizing Quantum Bits for Computing (IFT192A)
- Relaxor Ferroelectrics: Emerging Opportunities (CHM150A)
- Transparent Ceramics: Emerging Opportunities (CHM149A)
- Graphite, Silicon, Metal, and Other Anode Materials for Motive Lithium-Ion Batteries: Global Market and Emerging Opportunities (FCB050A)
- Thorium Fuel Cycle: Emerging Opportunities (EGY174A)
The global market for tire reinforcement materials was $12.3 billion in the year 2010, which is expected to increase up to $12.9 billion by 2011. The tire reinforcement market will grow at a moderate CAGR of 3.6% from 2011 through 2016 and will reach to $15.3 billion.