Methane Hydrates: Applications and Global Markets Through 2023
The global market volume for methane hydrates should grow from 17.8 thousand cubic meter in 2018 to reach 80.2 thousand cubic meter by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 35.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 50 data tables and 24 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for methane hydrates and their applications
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Analyses of the various types of methane hydrates and the market dynamics of each end-use
- Examination of the current state of knowledge about the distribution and availability of gas hydrates, the status of recovery technology, and the potential role of methane from gas hydrates in the future energy system
- Profiles of leading companies in the market, including Baker Hughes, Inc., Chevron Corp., Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd., Royal Dutch Shell plc and Valero Energy Corporation
The methane hydrate market is segmented into the following categories:
- By extraction type: offshore methane hydrate and onshore methane hydrate.
- By application: transportation fuel application, industrial application and other applications.
- By region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into U.K., Germany, France, Russia and Rest of Europe; Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into Japan, India, China and Rest of Asia-Pacific; and the Rest of the World (ROW) covers Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
- Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total volume. Projected and forecasted values are in constant units, unadjusted for inflation.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the methane hydrate market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the methane hydrates market.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.