2015 Energy and Resources Research Review
- The global photovoltaic (PV) modules market was valued at $32.6 billion in 2013 and $34.6 billion in 2014. This market is expected to decrease to $27 billion by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -4.8% from 2014 to 2019.
- The yearly and cumulative investment spending by separation technology was$ 6.8 billion in 2014. It is estimated that the spending will be $6.8 billion in 2015 and $1 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -32%.
- In terms of revenue, the global renewable energy market (excluding biofuels) reached $432.7 billion in 2013 and $476.3 billion in 2014. This market is expected to increase to $777.6 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% from 2014 to 2019.
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2015, and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2015.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2015 Energy and Resources Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- EGY014J Global Markets and Technologies for Photovoltaic Systems.
- EGY037D Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Technologies.
- EGY049C Renewable Energy: Technologies and Global Markets.
- EGY056C Utility-scale Electricity Storage Technologies: Global Markets.
- EGY072B Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV): Technologies and Global Markets.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
- Global natural gas storage volume reached 643 million cubic feet in 2011 and 657 million cubic feet in 2012. Total natural gas volume is expected to reach 720 million cubic feet in 2017 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9%.
- The U.S. market for smart grid technologies was worth about $41.6 billion in 2012. The market is projected to decline to $35.4 billion in 2013 due to a temporary disruption of wind turbine sales, but it should rise again to $68.7 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.2% from 2013 to 2018.
- The global enhanced oil recovery market totaled $21 billion in 2012 and is projected to increase to nearly $22.6 billion in 2013; the market should total $34.4 billion by 2018, with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% from 2013 to 2018.
- A granular analysis of the market for energy harvesters based on parameters like principal energy sources, end applications, regional dynamics, key markets within countries and changes in average selling prices (ASPs).
- Analysis of the market for natural gas–fired electricity generation on a global basis including industry trends, impact of different fuel types on natural gas, government regulations, competetive structure and forecast iniformation about the markets for electricity generation.
- Information on unconventional natural gas extraction technologies like vertical and directional drilling, horizontal drilling, hydrofracture equipment, hydrofracture chemicals and well completion and operation equipment.
- The total market for conventional retrofits including the energy retrofit technologies examined in this study—heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment, energy efficient lighting and lighting design, electricity sub-meters, and green roofs—is estimated to increase from $35.5 billion in 2010 to $60.7 billion in 2015 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3%.
- The global alternative electrical power storage market in 2011 will be worth more than $325 million, including more than $236 million worth of electrochemical batteries. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4% between 2011 and 2016 under a consensus scenario resulting in a $423 million global market in 2016, including $322 million worth of electrochemical batteries.
- Building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) currently make up a small but noticeable part of the world PV market. The global market was valued at 1,201 megawatts in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 56% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach a capacity of 11,392 megawatts in 2015.