Bariatric Surgery: Global Markets for Services and Devices
The global market for bariatric surgery devices was worth nearly $1.1 billion in 2012. The market is expected to reach nearly $1.2 billion in 2013 and almost $1.9 billion by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.6% between 2013 and 2018.
- An overview of the global market for services and devices in the bariatric surgery sector.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Discussion on types of obesity, etiology and pathophysiology, risk factors, economic burden, epidemiology, and obesity treatment and management.
- An examination of the types and the criteria for bariatric surgeries, along with common complications and the average cost associated with post-surgical complications.
- A historical perspective on and the current scenario for bariatric surgery procedure.
- An evaluation of the current clinical challenges, unmet needs, and future outlook.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This report is an analytical business tool with the primary purpose of describing the bariatric surgery and the global market for services and devices. The format of the study is organized around the following topics.
- Detailed study around diseases like obesity and diabetes.
- Major types of bariatric procedures (gastric bypass, gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy), complications and relevant devices (e.g., implanted devices, gastric removal devices and gastric bypass devices).
- Procedure trends and cost estimates (one-time procedure cost excluding follow-up outpatient monitoring cost).
- Regulatory structure.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application, product type, end-user group and geographical market.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2018.
- Competition and market shares.
- Marketed and pipeline (R&D) products along with description, regulatory status and clinical trials.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of bariatric surgery market for services and devices.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Dr. Ritu Thakur is an independent consultant based in New Delhi, India with 10+ years of experience in consulting, business/market research, business & report writing, analytics, content development & management and translation. She has prior work experience with Panasonic (Healthcare Division), GlobalData (U.K.-based market research firm) and several other development stage/early stage companies including Biovo, Diabesity, Medibrane, ScaleThings, EndoGI, Ramot Biomedical Eng and NeverWet. In her previous assignments, she has delivered hundreds of small to large scale custom projects on pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology subjects. She has developed reports for BCC Research for more than four years and has worked as an author for healthcare and other related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices.