Global Markets for Emerging Medical Device Technologies
The global market for emerging medical device technologies should reach $90.8 billion by 2021 from $55.9 billion in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2%, from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for emerging medical device technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Analyses of segments within the overall market including: aesthetics/dermatology, cardiovascular, dental, diabetes care, gastroenterology, nephrology, urology, gynecology/women's health, medical imaging/visualization, in-vitro diagnostics, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedic, drug delivery/pain management, surgical/wound care and patient management/monitoring.
- An in depth look at growth driving factors such as the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and related increase in disability-adjusted life years, technological advancements in medical devices, and the growing aging population
- Product analysis detailing key marketed and pipeline devices
- Profiles of major players in the field
Traditional medical devices include devices (e.g., metallic stents, heart valves, open procedures, general instruments, non-drug coated implantables, large endoscopes, needle based drug delivery, lab based diagnostics etc.) that have been in use over the last two to three decades for the treatment and management of various diseases. Emerging medical device technologies include devices and technologies (e.g., bioresorbable implants, coated implants and balloons, transcatheter heart valves (TAVR, TMVR), electrophysiology, S-ICDs, cardioMEMS, wireless monitoring, wearable devices, needle-free drug delivery, capsule endoscopes, POC tests, companion diagnostics, etc.), which are relatively new (in practice over the last two to 10 years), advanced and have better outcomes in the treatment and management of world’s deadly and chronic diseases. This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to describe the thorough evaluation of the global market for emerging medical device technologies. The format of the study is organized around the following topics:
- Detailed study around emerging medical device technologies within general surgery, cardiovascular, diabetes care, gastroenterology, medical imaging/visualization, in vitro diagnostics, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedic, drug delivery/pain management, surgical/wound care and patient monitoring.
- Target disease demographics and cost burden.
- Regulatory structure.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size and segmentation.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2021.
- Competition and market shares.
- Pricing and reimbursement.
- Marketed and pipeline (R&D) products along with descriptions, regulatory status and clinical trials.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of medical device technologies.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Dr. Ritu Thakur is an independent consultant based in New Delhi, India with 10+ years of experience in consulting, business/market research, business & report writing, analytics, content development & management and translation. She has prior work experience with Panasonic (Healthcare Division), GlobalData (U.K.-based market research firm) and several other development stage/early stage companies including Biovo, Diabesity, Medibrane, ScaleThings, EndoGI, Ramot Biomedical Eng and NeverWet. In her previous assignments, she has delivered hundreds of small to large scale custom projects on pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology subjects. She has developed reports for BCC Research for more than four years and has worked as an author for healthcare and other related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices.
- Bariatric Surgery: Global Markets for Services and Devices (HLC153B).
- Wearable Medical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC192A).
- Global Markets for Emerging Medical Device Technologies (HLC191A).
- Needle-Free Devices: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC178A).
- Medication Automation: Systems, Technologies and Global Markets (PHM182A).
- Smart Pills: Applications and Global Markets (PHM181A).