Medical Tourism: Market Outlook and Trends
Medical tourism is considered the direct impact of the globalization of healthcare and it has the potential for strong growth globally. It has presented new opportunities and benefits to individuals looking for medical treatment abroad. The medical tourism industry has presented countries with low cost and high-income possibilities leading the countries to plan and develop this section of the tourism industry. Affordability and accessibility of healthcare services offered by medical tourism has spiked the market growth.
- Analysis of medical tourism destinations and various treatments
- Coverage of medical insurance policies across various countries and initiatives taken by the destination countries to attract the medical tourists
- Information on top treatments offered in global medical tourism destinations
- An insight of medical travel quality alliance (MTQUA) and explanation of their criteria for ranking the hospitals
- Examination of the government policies with special focus to determine their impact in influencing the medical tourism market
- Discussion of major drivers and restraints, assessment of the future growth scope of the market
This report on medical tourism provides a comprehensive analysis of the market across the globe. The report discusses the medical insurance policies across various countries and initiatives taken by the destination countries to attract the medical tourists. It also analyzes current and potential opportunities for medical tourism market. The report is arranged to provide an overview of the medical tourism market by treatment type and top most destination countries. The overall market is studied and an extensive data for the treatment options and the costs involved for each treatment type across various countries is provided.
The report includes analysis of leading and emerging countries offering medical services at an affordable price range in the current worldwide medical tourism market. Reason for attractiveness, available treatments, developments and government policies is extensively discussed. This report also looks at clinics that are being looked up as the hot destinations due to the available infrastructure or the cost factor. The government policies are examined with special focus to determine the impact they have in influencing the medical tourism market. Drivers and the restraints are studied in detail to better understand the market and to understand the future growth scope of the market.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery.