Peripheral Vascular Surgical Products: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for peripheral vascular surgical devices reached $5.8 billion in 2012. This market is projected to grow from $6.2 billion in 2013 to $8.4 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for peripheral vascular surgical devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Information on devices including surgical equipment, instruments, stents, grafts, patches, and other devices routinely used by vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists
- A close look at why the market for these products is experiencing rapid growth as manufacturers compete with ever-evolving technologies
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses multiple technologies and procedures related to peripheral vascular surgical devices. BCC Research analyzes the industry on a worldwide basis from market, product and technology perspectives. Regulations and reimbursement issues and patents issued from 2010 through the end of 2013 are also examined to identify patient safety, regulatory review and insurance coverage issues for stakeholders and potential stakeholders in this industry.
The report examines the peripheral vascular surgery device industry in general, the types of technologies currently in use as well as future technological developments, and regulatory influences that affect product distribution. The industry structure section discussed the most active manufacturers with respect to relative market share, marketing strengths and forces that promote or hinder the growth of technologies. The technology sections detail historical, current (2013) and projected (2013 to 2018) market values.
Mary C. Patton, M.B.A, D.B.A., is the BCC Research Analyst of this report. Dr. Patton’s experience includes over 25 years of designing and managing custom research projects involving both qualitative and quantitative techniques with a broad range of medical, surgical and healthcare industry providers and patients. She has conducted extensive research on surgical devices, diagnostic equipment, specific disease states, EMR systems and PACS systems. She has also worked in product management and strategic management roles for several major medical device manufacturers. Dr. Patton is the author of more than a dozen previous research reports related to the medical device industry.