Sports Medicine: Technologies and Global Markets
The global sports medicine market totaled $29.8 billion in 2013 and $31.1 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $43.3 billion by 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8%.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for sports medicine.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Examination of recent trends and advancements in the product pipeline of the sports medicine market as well as new approaches to deal with sports injuries.
- Coverage of body reconstruction products like orthopedic implants, fracture repair and arthroscopy devices, and prosthetics; body support and recovery products such as braces and support, hot and cold therapies, pain relievers and anti-inflammatory and compression systems; accessories like bandages, tapes, wraps, and monitoring devices.
- Examination of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Breakdowns of the market by application into shoulder, knee, hip, ankle and foot, and others.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the sports medicine industry.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this report focuses on key market analyses, market drivers and constrains, and competitive developments and trends. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares.
The report focuses on sports medicine used in the medical device industry, including body reconstruction products like orthopedic implants, fracture repair, arthroscopy devices and prosthetics. The report also covers body support and recovery products such as braces, hot/cold therapy, compression clothing and painkillers/nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; monitoring devices; and accessories like bandages, tapes and wraps.
The spine orthopedic market and steroidal market are not included in this report.
This report also provides a regional market analysis. Emerging markets for sports medicine include India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Profiles of key market players are also provided.
In addition, the report discusses the latest trends, pipeline products and developments in the sports medicine market. Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the market are provided. Key market players include Arthrex, ArthroCare, Biomet, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Zimmer Holdings, Shock Doctor, Mueller Sports Medicine, Breg and BSN Medical.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.