Multimedia Chipsets: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for multimedia chipsets was estimated to be worth $19.8 billion in 2012. Increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9%, the market is expected to grow to $27.7 billion by 2017.
- An overview of the global market for multimedia chipsets, which primarily are utilized in audio, image, and video processing.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Discussion of the market ecosystem and trends shaping the future
- Examination of key peripherals, such as input-output devices and storage connectivity, and software, such as operating systems and applications
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry and selected start-ups
- Patent analysis.
REPORT SCOPE AND ORGANIZATION
This report is divided into seven chapters. Each chapter describes details of the multimedia market for a segment (DTV, set-top box and IPTV, DVDs, handheld devices, audio devices, digital signal processors and imaging products).
The following is provided for each category:
- Definition and further segmentation where applicable.
- Overall market.
- Geographic data.
- Total revenue.
- Total volume shipments.
- Growth forecast and market trends.
- Business models.
- Key players and market share.
The report also includes a high-level discussion of the hardware and software design that pertains to each segment.
The goal of the report is to provide readers with the following:
- Understanding of the characteristics of chipsets targeted towards each market and the roles played by different hardware and software components.
- Understanding of the market segment and the factors driving its growth.
- Knowledge of business models used in different market segments.
- Market potential for each segment and projections for the next 5 years.
Anand Joshi has more than 16 years of experience in the consumer electronics industry as well as the embedded and semiconductor industries.
As an industry executive, he has often been involved in developing market strategies, market projections, and modeling. He brings his extensive industry expertise and knowledge to the development of this report