Software-defined Storage: Global Markets to 2022
The global market for software-defined storage products and services reached $8.5 billion in 2017. The market should reach $18.2 billion by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.4% during 2017-2022.
- 37 data tables
- An overview of the global market for software-defined storage
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Breakdown of the market by end use, technology type, application, and region
- Coverage of market trends, key components, and applications
- Discussion of the new software and open-source hardware enabled by the software-defined storage marketplace and its impact on legacy storage systems
- Relevant patent analysis
- Company profiles of major players in the industry, including AT&T, BMC Software, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and IBM
This report will cover software-defined storage, which is defined as the combined software and hardware computer data storage product bundle where the software provides policy, provisioning and management of data storage no matter the underlying hardware type.
Within this scope, the report will size and forecast the software revenue and hardware revenue for both data storage and network storage. For data storage, the software and hardware revenue will be reported separately, for network storage it will be combined. The report will also size and forecast the professional services part of the bundled solution as a separate line item.
Specific segments within this scope are as follows:
- Software-defined storage hardware.
- Software-defined storage software.
- Software-defined storage networks.
- Software-defined storage services.
The report will also segment the software-defined storage revenue by end use in terms of:
- Mid-size firms.
- Small businesses.
The industry sector software-defined storage applications revenue covered will be:
- Consumer products.
- Financial services.
Regions covered will be: North America, Latin America, Europe, MEA and APAC.
Michael Sullivan has been Senior Editor at BCC Research since 2014. He has pioneered the company's Information Technology (IFT) category and significantly expanded it to provide in depth coverage of new areas such as the technologies that underpin the burgeoning Internet of Things (IoT) markets. An author and journalist, he also writes market research reports in the categories of Environment, Healthcare, Information Technology, Instrumentation and Sensors and Security. He has an MBA from Boston University School of Management.