Nanotechnology in Environmental Applications: The Global Market
The global nanotechnology market in environmental applications reached $23.4 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach about $25.7 billion by 2015 and $41.8 billion by 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for nanotechnology in environmental applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Analysis of high-demand areas for nanotechnological components, products and systems for application to the environment.
- Coverage of applications including:
- Environmental remediation
- Environmental protection
- Environmental maintenance
- Environmental enhancement
- A look at factors involved in driving product demand in conjunction with trends, potential sales, and forecasts for various market sectors.
- Manufacturers involved with the production of these nanotechnologies, along with their anticipated product volumes will be analyzed to demonstrate how these advances might impact specific environmental market segments.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this research report will encase different types of environmental remediation using different types of nano materials, but will concentrate primary on following applications:
- Environmental amendment.
- Environmental protection.
- Environmental maintenance.
- Environmental enhancement.
The market is broken down, according to region, by the major types of environmental remediation applications using nanotechnology. Revenue forecasts from 2015 to 2020 are given for each major application types.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players in each of the regional markets. It explains the major market drivers of the global industry, the current trends within the industry, major industry challenges, and the regional dynamics of the global nanotechnology market. The report concludes with a special focus on the supplier landscape, including detailed profiles of the major vendors in the nanotechnology industry globally, and discussions on the market share of the major players by region.
Aneesh Kumar has been a project manager and partner with BizImpact Knowledge Services, LLP, a market research and services company primarily focused on opportunities in science and technology, since 2011. Kumar manages a team focused on global market research projects, primary interviews and market forecasting. He holds a BBA from the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India and is a member of the Indo-German Chambers of Commerce.
- The global market for nanotechnology in environmental applications generated $1.1 billion in 2008 and an estimated $2.0 billion in 2009. This is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 61.8% to reach $21.8 billion in 2014.
- The environmental protection segment has the largest market share, worth $661.4 million in 2008. This is expected to increase to more than $1.0 billion in 2009 and $10.3 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 58.1%.
- Environmental enhancement is currently the second-largest market segment, generating $189.4 million in 2008 and an estimated $463.5 million in 2009. This should reach $2.8 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 43.6%.
Conventional remedial methods have yielded mixed and marginal results; they are likely to give way to far more robust and effective nanotechnologies, once commercialized. These factors form the basis of the inflated estimate of $2,385.9 million for 2010, an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 192.2%.
The Maintenance sector of the nanotechnology market is projected to reach $1,690.0 million by 2010.
The Protection nanotechnologies market reached $166.2 million in 2005 and is projected to grow at an AAGR of 53.0% to reach $1,393.7 million by 2010.