2015 Pharmaceuticals Research Review
- The global market for cancer vaccines totaled $4.5 billion in 2013 and reached nearly $4.0 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $4.3 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% for the period 2014-2019.
- The global market for “silent” cancers was valued at $8.5 billion in 2013 and $9 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach almost $13.6 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2019.
- The global market for incretin-based therapeutics was valued at nearly $11.8 billion in 2013 and $12.7 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $22.8 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 12.4% from 2014 to 2019.
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2015, and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2015.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2015 Pharmaceuticals Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- PHM173ACancer Vaccines: Technologies and Global Markets.
- PHM169A Therapeutics for 'Silent' Cancers.
- PHM162A Incretin-Based Drugs: Markets for Diabetes Therapies and Developing Treatments
- PHM038EGlobal Markets for Orphan Drugs.
- PHM061CGlobal Markets for Infectious Disease Treatments
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
- The global anticoagulant drug market was valued at nearly $5.8 billion in 2011 and should reach nearly $5.7 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $5.4 billion in 2017 after decreasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.1%.
- The market for global drug device combination products was valued at $18.5 billion in 2011 and should reach $19 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $30.5 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9%.
- The global market for treatment and diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases was valued at $28.2 billion in 2011 and $33.2 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $52 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 9.3%.
This review of pharmaceutical market research provides:
- Analysis and the future direction of treatments for neurodegenerative (i.e., progressive ataxia and weakness) disorders as the market efforts toward drug and therapy development evolve.
- Coverage of approved human antifungal therapeutics with a heavy focus on therapeutics in early development.
- Profiles of manufacturers of leading asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) prescription drugs.
- Comprehensive analysis of the market for genitourinary drugs on a global basis.
- Current and future characteristics of the global markets for treatments for syndromes of dementia and movement disorders.
- The global market for marine-derived drugs by type was around $4.8 billion in 2011, which is expected to be around $5.3 billion in 2012. This global market is forecasted to reach $8.6 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% for the five year period of 2011 to 2016.
- The overall emerging markets for therapeutic drugs totaled $131.4 billion in 2009. These regions include Latin America, China, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, South Korea, India, Russia, and South Africa. These regions are estimated at $145.8 billion in 2010 and expected to continue aggressive growth through 2015, reaching a figure of $214.2 billion, yielding a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% from 2010 to 2015.
- The global market for blood-brain barrier (BBB) technology for therapeutics amounted to $12.3 million in 2010 and will reach $387 million by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 99.3%.
The global ophthalmic market grew to $15.5 billion in 2009, showing resistance to the global recession. The sector will continue to grow through 2014 to $20.6 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9%.
Total sales of drug-device combination products worldwide were valued at $12 billion in 2008. The overall market is increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.5% per year and thus sales are projected to reach $27 billion by 2014. Overall, sales in the U.S. represent about a third of total industry revenues.
The global cardiovascular market was valued at $140.7 billion in 2009, and is expected to continue to grow in 2010 to $144.5 billion by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7%. The sector will experience a sizable reduction in the early portion of the forecast period, and then slowly rise to a net small reduction by 2015 on a CAGR basis of -0.7%, to a figure of $139.8 billion.