Antiemetics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for antiemetics reached $4.1 billion in 2017 and should reach $5.9 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
- 21 data tables and 15 additional tables
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, UK, China, India, Japan, and Middle East and Africa
- An overview about current and future market potential for antiemetic drugs with special focus on competitive environment, pipeline drugs and blockbuster drugs
- Coverage of disease burden, regulatory environment, and novel technologies in the antiemetic drugs market
- Detailed description about vestibular disorder and increasing demand of innovative technology for treatment
- Exploration of the causes of emesis, usage of antiemetics and the types of products available to treat nausea and vomiting by each application segment
- Information about the launching of new drugs in each antiemetic drug class such as 5 HT3 receptor antagonists, dopamine antagonists, NK1 receptor antagonist, and so forth
- Detailed company profiles of major players in the market, including Abbott Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Company, Ltd., Merck & Co., Novartis AG, Sanofi Aventis and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
The report details the antiemetic drug market. The analysis highlights current and future market potential for antiemetic drug and presents a detailed review of pipeline drugs, blockbuster drugs, and challenges to market growth. The report also examines disease burden, regulatory environment, novel technologies, and market projections to 2023. Antiemetic drug market drivers, trends and potential regional market opportunities are also covered in this report.
The report details market shares of antiemetic drug class (5-HT3 receptor antagonists, dopamine antagonists, steroid-corticosteroids, benzodiazepines, NK1 receptor antagonist, antihistamines, cannabinoids, and anticholinergic) and geographic market segmentation of overall market; global market share by applications, with special emphasis on developed and underdeveloped geographic regions. For market estimates, data has been provided for 2017, as base year, 2018 and forecast for 2023.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research staff is composed of expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration, surgery and other subject areas.
The global market for antiemetics was nearly $2.4 billion in 2009. There was a little setback seen in 2009 in the 5-HT3 category due to weakened economy and competition within brands and generics. The market for antiemetic products is expected to reach $2.5 billion by the end of 2010 and $3.6 billion by 2015, reflecting a 7.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).