Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market
The global liver diseases therapeutics market totaled nearly $24.5 billion in 2014 and is projected to approach $33.8 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% through 2019.
- An overview of the global market for liver disease treatment and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information regarding market sizes, market leaders, market dynamics, and various other market factors, as well as the liver disease treatment market for end users.
- Analysis of different liver disease drugs in response to an increasing need for new and innovative drug treatments.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players as well as the acquisitions, mergers, and alliances by these companies and global organizations.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses liver disease drug markets by various types. BCC Research analyzes each market by category with its applications in different regions of the world. It also analyzes the regulatory environment, technology and market projections. Application issues include the latest trends and developments in each liver disease drug category.
YOGITA ZUTSHI has worked in clinical operations and market research in pharmaceuticals, including the development of training in pharmacovigilance. She studies products, markets and regulatory environments. She holds a bachelor's degree in education, and master's degrees in clinical research and organic chemistry from Cranfield University.
In 2009, the global market for drugs used to treat liver disease was worth approximately $12.4 billion. Sales in 2010 decreased and the market did not see much progress, causing overall global sales to remain stagnant at $12.4 billion. Estimated sales in 2011 a projected $12 billion (excluding protease inhibitors). The market is expected to rise at a CAGR of 3.3% and reach nearly $14.2 billion by 2016.
- The global market for liver disease treatments amounted to nearly $8.4 billion in 2007 and is expected to increase to $9.8 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0%
- The treatment for hepatitis is the largest segment of the market, amounting to about $4.6 billion in the last three years, and is expected to reach $4.8 billion in 2014.
- Sales of targeted therapies were comparatively less in 2008, but this market has the potential to grow faster mainly because of the increased incidence of hepatitis C in developing countries.