Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Drugs and Biologics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) disease-modifying products reached $10.1 billion in 2012 and nearly $10.9 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow to nearly $14.2 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.4% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) drugs and biologics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 to 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Detailed profiles of the MS disease-modifying products on the market in the U.S. and around the world
- Insight into how pharmaceutical and biotech companies are pursuing new approaches to treating MS as many of them look to move beyond current approaches
- Forecasts for sales by product, company, geographic region, formulation, and indication when possible for the time frame covered, including supporting analyses for these projections
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry
SCOPE OF REPORT
The emphasis of this report is on these products and about 39 products for MS in various stages of clinical development.
Special focus is placed on how new products and technologies will affect current market leaders in the MS treatment sector. Profiles are provided of companies projected to have disease-modifying products on the market during the forecast period and on companies with rich or interesting pipelines.
The study is arranged to offer an overview of the MS disease-modifying product market, including regulatory issues, and accompanied by detailed analyses and forecasts by product. Profiles of the many emerging competitors in this sector provide a comprehensive assessment of the various products and technologies entering this market as well as marketing strategies being used to gain a competitive edge.
YOGITA ZUTSHI has worked in clinical operations and market research in pharmaceuticals, including the development of training in pharmacovigilance. She studies products, markets and regulatory environments. She holds a bachelor's degree in education, and master's degrees in clinical research and organic chemistry from Cranfield University.
The total worldwide market for MS disease-modifying therapies is expected to grow at an 8.1% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2010 through 2015, with sales reaching nearly $16.7 billion by the end of 2015, from $11.3 billion in 2010.
From 2010 through 2015, the overall small molecule MS disease-modifying drug market is expected to grow rapidly. This segment is worth an estimated $3.6 billion in 2010 and is projected to increase at a 17.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $7.9 billion in 2015.
Biologics represent the largest class of MS disease-modifying therapies by sales and by number of approved therapies. This sector is valued at $7.8 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 2.5% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach a value of $8.8 billion in 2015.