Opioid Drugs: Global Markets to 2023
The global market for opioid drugs should reach $29.8 billion by 2023 from $26.4 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 20 data tables and 38 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for opioid drugs
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of types, mode of action and receptor target of opioids drugs i.e. Mu receptor, Delta receptor and Kappa receptor
- Details of technological advancement for new opioid formulation to reduce the risk of drug abuse
- Case study of opioid addiction, opioid abuse and overdose and significant events addressing opioid misuse and abuse
- Information on stringent regulatory policies and government guidelines to impede the adoption rate of the opioid drugs
- Insights of new safety measures announced for immediate release (IR) opioids and CDC guidelines on prescribing opioids for chronic pain
- Company profiles of the major players of the market, including Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc., Cipher Pharmaceutical Inc., Daiichi Sankyo Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Lupin Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
The current report offers a detailed picture of the prescription opioid drug market. Prescription opioids are included in the scope of study; illegal opioids such as heroin, which are sold in illegal market for illicit usage, are not included. The market estimation includes all branded and generic opioid drugs indicated for different therapeutic application such as pain management and opioid use disorders.
This report highlights the current and future market potential of opioid drugs along with detailed analyses of the competitive environment, regulatory scenario, pipeline analysis, technological advancement and market dynamics.
The report details market shares of opioid drugs based on product and geography. Based on product, the market is segmented into buprenorphine, fentanyl, hydrocodone, morphine, oxycodone, tramadol and others. Each product segment includes detailed analyses covering an overview of drug, mechanism of action and market insights on each drug.
By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East and Africa. Detailed analyses of major countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K. France, Japan, China and India are covered in regional segments. For market estimates, data has been provided for the year 2017 and the base year of 2018 and forecast for 2023. Estimated values used are based on drug manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research staff is composed of expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements, with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery.