Blow-Molded Plastic Packaging: Technologies and Global Markets
The global blow molded plastic packaging market consumed nearly 61.2 billion pounds of plastic materials in 2014. This market should reach 77 billion pounds by 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7% for the forecast period.
- An overview of the global market for blow molded plastics used for packaging, a process whereby polymers are processed into bottles and jars for use in a wide range of end use packaging and other markets.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information on the main types of blow moulding including extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding, injection stretch blow molding, and compound blow molding.
- Market data and information broken down by material, end use sector, and geographic region or country.
- Company profiles of the world’s leading blow molding companies including their product, market and geographic focus, market share, and recent corporate developments.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report on blow molded plastic packaging includes market data in U.S. dollars, consumption (million pounds) data for the years 2013 and 2014 and market forecasts to 2019.
The report analyzes the main blow molding technologies, the industry structure, market drivers and trends, and the key technology trends for blow molding markets. Company profiles of the world’s leading blow molding companies are presented; they include companies’ products, market and geographic focus, and recent corporate developments.
Blow molded plastic packaging markets are analyzed by polymer, end-use market and geographic market.
Principle polymer materials include polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), along with others including bio-based plastics, polyamide, polycarbonate and polyethylene naphthalate.
End-use markets covered in the report are: food, dairy, drink (soft drinks [carbonated soft drinks, water, other soft drinks], alcoholic drinks and hot drinks) and non-food (pharmaceuticals and medical, cosmetics and personal care, household care and other consumer products).
Detailed profiles are presented for 15 national markets: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Russia, U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, Japan and Turkey.
Consumer packaging markets (food, beverages and non-food products) are the primary focus of the report. Specifically excluded from the study and considered beyond the scope of this report include packaging of bulk foods and liquids for food processing and institutional catering and for industrial/bulk packaging of agricultural products, chemicals, oils and minerals. Bottle caps and other such closures and labels are also excluded from the report.
David Platt is a freelance business consultant with a broad range of industry experience, particularly in the plastics and packaging sectors. He has authored over 30 market research reports in the field of plastics and packaging. Titles include Global Packaging, Rigid Plastic Packaging, PET Packaging, Flexible Packaging, Bioplastics, Specialty Plastics, High Performance Packaging Film, Pouches, Caps & Closures, Stretch & Shrink Films and Transparent Barrier Films. He also writes regular features for plastics trade magazines. He is MBA-qualified and has a degree in Economics.