2018 Plastics Research Review
- The global market for plastics injection molding reached $139 billion in 2018 and should reach $233 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for plastics recycling should grow from $25.3 billion in 2018 to $33.8 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for flexible-foam reached $29.1 billion in 2017. The market should reach $36.9 billion by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% for the period of 2017-2022.
Cheap abundant natural gas has spurred the plastics industry to examine the economics of moving away from their current dependence on oil supplies. For continued reasons of adaptability and imperviousness to water durability, plastics have continued their reign as one of manufacturers’ most beloved material. The versatility and high resource efficiency of plastics have made plastics key material in strategic sectors such as packaging, transportation, building & construction, industrial, medical devices and in several other sectors.
2018 Plastic Research review from BCC research provides market professional with concise market coverage within plastic category. This research review includes portions of several market research reports that were published in 2018 and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2018.
This 2018 plastics research review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- PLS018F The North American Market for Plastics Compounding.
- PLS091A Flexible Foam: Global Market.
- PLS031B Plastics Recycling: Global Markets Through 2023.
- PLS081B Composites in Automotive Application: Global Markets to 2022.
- PLS050E Global Markets and Technologies for Bioplastics.
- PLS089A Injection Molding: Global Markets and Technologies Through 2023.
We hope you find 2018 plastic research review informative, and we always welcome your comments and suggestions about our market research coverage.
BCC Research Staff
BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- The global market for EMI/RFI shielding is expected to reach nearly $5.1 billion in 2012 and $5.2 billion in 2013. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $6 billion in 2018 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% for the five-year period 2013 to 2018.
- The global plastic healthcare packaging market was nearly 9.6 billion pounds in 2012 and slightly more than 10 billion pounds in 2013. It is expected to increase and reach more than 13 billion pounds by 2018, which corresponds to a 5.6% CAGR for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- The estimated distribution of compounded thermoplastic resins in North America reached 89.8 billion pounds in 2012. This total is expected to grow 90.9 billion pounds in 2013 and 102.3 billion pounds in 2018 at a CAGR of 2.4% for the period of 2013-2018.
This 2012 Plastics Research Review provides:
- A comprehensive and updated reference for those interested and/or involved with the U.S. plastic pipe and tubing industries and that both serve and benefit from these industries.
- Analysis and forecasting market developments regarding major applications for bioplastics, including packaging, automotive, electrical/electronic, medical, building and construction.
- Analysis for those who are interested and/or involved in the plastic thermoformed businesses that include resin producers, plastic sheet producers, thermoformers and those in the major industries using these products.
- Coverage of all electronic components where plastics are used to a significant extent in mostly molding electronic components and excludes fiber optics, wire and cable, enclosures, recording media, etc.
- The global market for electroactive polymers was $1.9 billion in 2010 and is expected to be about $2.1 billion in 2011. It is forecast to grow to over $3 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1%.
- The global market for applications of wood-plastic composites, cellulosic plastics, plastic lumber and natural fiber composites is estimated at about 2.4 million metric tons in 2011. By 2016, it is estimated at nearly 4.6 million metric tons and rising at a CAGR of 13.8%.
- The North American fiber-reinforced plastic/composite market is estimated at 2.7 billion pounds in 2010 and is expected to increase to about 3.1 billion by 2015, reflecting a 2.8% CAGR.
The North American transparent plastics market was estimated at more than 3.3 billion pounds in 2010 and is projected to reach 4 billion pounds by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7%. Polycarbonates, acrylics, and polystyrenes accounted for about 80% of total volume in 2010 and will maintain their aggregate share through the middle of this decade.
The merchant market for polymeric (plastic) foams in the U.S. is a large one, estimated at more than 7.5 billion pounds in 2010. BCC forecasts an overall compounded average annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 2.5% for all foams, that is, foams produced from commercial plastics, for the period 2010 to 2015, a market of 8.6 billion pounds by 2015.
The U.S. medical plastics market is estimated at almost 3.5 billion pounds in 2010 and will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 5%, consuming about 4.4 billion pounds by 2015.