Atomic Layer Deposition
- Global atomic layer deposition market was worth approximately $318 million in 2008. This market decreased to $199 million in 2009 under the impact of the recession in many of the world’s major economies, it is projected to grow to nearly $978 million between 2009 and 2014, at a CAGR of 37.5% over the 5-year period
- Equipment market was nearly $231 million in 2008; this further decreased to $121 million in 2009, this is projected to reach $579 million in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 36.8%.
- Materials market was $87 million in 2008; this further decreased to $78 million in 2009, this is projected to reach $399.5 million in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 38.5%.
- Provide an updated review of ALD technology, focusing on materials, equipment, and fabrication technologies
- Highlight new technological developments during the past 3 years, while outlining current technical issues
- Review existing fields of application for atomic layer deposition and investigate emerging applications
- Estimate current global markets for ALD materials and equipment with growth forecasts through 2014 for each market segment
- Identify important technology and market trends within each market segment
- Supply an updated review of current players in ALD technology
- Provide a description of current worldwide research activities and evaluate their impact on industry growth
- Determine trends in U.S. patents issued during the past 3 years.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
- Manufacture, sell, and distribute ALD materials and equipment
- Fabricate thin film devices or coated products.
- Offer thin film deposition and coating services
- Manufacture processing and characterization equipment for the thin film industry
- Provide technical and/or marketing services for the thin film industry
- Are planning to enter the thin film industry and nanotechnology sector as a supplier, manufacturer, service provider, or end user.
- EDGAR—U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Filings
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- European Patent Office
- Company Web sites
- Company annual reports
- Thomas Registers
- Moody’s Directory
- S & P Industry Survey
- Dun & Bradstreet Business Directory
- American Ceramic Society Publications
- Foreign Chamber of Commerce Directories
- Foreign Stock Exchange Listings
- AVM046B Thick Film Devices, Processes and Applications, 2009
- AVM018F Rare Earths: Worldwide Markets, Applications,
- AVM052B Aerogels, 2009
- AVM065A Smart Glass: Technologies and Global Markets, 2009
- SMC037D Sputtering Targets and Sputtered Films: Technology and
- AVM047B Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) Equipment and
- NAN043A Nanofibers: Technologies and Developing Markets, 2007
- NAN042A Nanorobotics and NEMS, 2007
- SMC061A Atomic Layer Deposition, 2006
- SMC057A Thin Films: Raw Materials, Technology and Applications,
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to BCC’s industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers.
The worldwide global market for atomic layer deposition increased from $151.6 million in 2003 to an estimated $214.1 million by the end of 2005.
Process equipment sales represent the largest share of this market. Their average annual growth rate (AAGR) is projected to be 23.1% over the next five years, resulting in global ALD system sales of $487.3 million by 2010.
Raw materials revenue growth, driven by the utilization of ALD for the deposition of metal oxide films and other future fast growing applications such as the deposition of high-k gate oxides and nitridebased barrier layers, is projected to grow at an AAGR of 25.6% for the next five years and reach $130.3 million by 2010.