European Markets, Technologies and Applications for Flexible Displays
European market for flexible displays will grow from $1.1 billion in 2018 to $4.2 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
- An overview of the European markets and technologies for flexible displays
- A look at the market size and a forecast on the basis of fabrication technologies, printing and lithography technologies, display technologies, and end-user applications
- Examination of the recent developments, product innovation and upgradation adopted by the key players present in Europe
- Coverage of dynamic interferometry processes, including AMAX evaporation printing and roll-to-roll processing
- Company profiles of the prominent players, including Aixtron, Henkel Corp (VitrifleX), Samsung SDI (Novaled GmbH), Meyer Burger, Veeco Instruments Inc and BASF (Rolic AG)
The report provides a snapshot of the European market for flexible displays and the share of principal display technologies that constitute it. It also provides an overview of flexible display technologies, fabrication technologies and printing/lithography technologies. By fabrication technologies the market is divided into conventional fabrication and roll-to-roll fabrication. For printing and lithography technology, the report contains technology types such as shadow mark/low resolution technologies, inkjet printing, imprint lithography and photolithography technologies. The report also reviews the European market for flexible displays in key applications, broken down by individual applications including:
- E-book readers and tablets.
- Notebooks and PCs.
- Mobile phones and smartphones.
- Gaming devices and media players.
- Automotive and navigation.
- Smartcards and other cards.
- Signage and billboards.
- Retail and logistics.
- Wearables and defense.
The shipments for every segment are also provided in the report. The report also analyzes the recent developments adopted by the key players present in Europe. The key players considered for market study purposes are either headquartered in Europe, or they have a presence in the region through partner networks.
It should be noted that this report does not cover television displays and displays that are used in scientific applications and industrial instruments. The above list is not an exhaustive coverage of flexible displays and applications. It is widely expected that flexible displays will expand the horizons of present-day display applications and that display manufacturers will discover new surfaces, substrates, and bases that can host display functions.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research Staff is comprised of expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including ICT, healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, are among others.