Agricultural Biological Control Agents Market - A Global and Regional Study: Focus on Products, Applications, Application Method and Country-Level Analysis - Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2025
Global Agricultural Biological Control Agents Market to Reach $7.43 Billion by 2025.
Market Report Coverage - Agricultural Biological Control Agents
- Product Type - Weed Killers, Parasitoids, Predators, Bacteria, Fungi, Others
- Application - Seed Treatment, Foliar Spray, Soil Treatment, Others
- Crop Type - Grains, Fruits and Vegetables, Others
- North America – U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Europe – Germany, France, and Spain
- Asia-Pacific and Japan – Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and India
- Middle East and Africa- South Africa and Israel
- South America- Brazil and Argentina
- Increasing use of biological products over chemical based crop protection products
- Increasing demand for sustainable agricultural practices
- Increasing awareness regarding the harmful effects of chemical pesticides
- Lack of awareness among growers
- Limited shelf-life of biological control products
- Advancements and research in the field of biological products in emerging economies for market development
Key Agriculture Biological Control Agents Companies Profiled
BASF SE, Valent BioSciences Corporation, Certis USA LLC, Marrone Bio Innovations, BioBest Group NV, Syngenta AG, Corteva, Nufarm Limited, and United Phosphorus Ltd., among others
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the agriculture biological control agents market?
- Which product type is expected to be leading the agriculture biological control agents market by 2025?
- What were the market values of the leading segments and sub-segments of the regional market in 2019, and how is the market estimated to grow during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- How is the industry expected to evolve during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to sustain in the competitive market?
- Which application utilizes a majority of agriculture biological control agents and is expected to lead the market by 2025?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the agriculture biological control agents market?
The increasing trend of sustainable agricultural practices being followed globally, minimum residue limit of crop protection chemical released being regulated, and the regulation regarding the use of crop protection chemicals globally are supporting the growth of agricultural biological control agents market. Also, the increasing adoption of the “green crop protection” concept across the globe is also driving the demand for agricultural biological control products since these are important for managing the increasing concern over pesticide residues on food and the problem of pest resistance. Significant lowering of maximum residue limit (MRLs) by regulators in many countries is a trend that is expected to continue. Additionally, these products are a valuable option because they provide sustainability, crop protection from microbial and harvest flexibility benefits.
Major driving factors for the agriculture biological control agents industry over the years have been the increasing trend of complying with sustainable agriculture globally, low residue levels, and supportive government regulations across countries. Key companies in the industry are rapidly including biological control products under their portfolio to cater to the meet increasing demand for food products. Increasing instances of pest infestation on crops such as wheat, rice, corn, and sugarcane are also supporting the increasing use of biological control products in the agricultural industry.
The competitive landscape of the agriculture biological control agents market consists of different strategies undertaken by major players across the industry to gain market presence. Some of the strategies adopted by biological control agents manufacturers are new product launches, business expansions, partnerships, and collaborations. Among all the strategies adopted, product launches have been the most prominent strategy adopted by the biological control agents manufacturers. The competitive landscape provides an organization with the edge to understand its key business strategy in the industry, its current competitors, and potential future competitors that might have made their way into the market.
The agricultural biological control agents market is poised to grow over time, compelling companies to come up with collaborative strategies to sustain in the intensely competitive market. Companies with an identical product portfolio with a need for additional resources often partner and come together for joint venture programs, which help the companies gain access to one another’s resources and facilitates them to achieve their objectives faster. This strategy has been a widely adopted strategy by the players in this market. For instance, In September 2020, AgBiome and Tropical Melhoramento e Genética (TMG), a Brazilian breeding company, collaborated to work on research and development activities.
Key players in the agricultural biological control agents market are coming up with different product launch activities in order to generate public awareness about their new and upcoming bio-based crop protection chemicals. The product development and innovation have helped these companies to compete with the competitors' product portfolio. This strategy has also been a widely adopted strategy by the players in this market. For instance, In May 2020, BASF launched its innovative Melyra fungicide in China. It is the first product out of three planned new products for the Chinese market based on BASF’s fungicide Revysol.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.