Global Drug Infusion Systems Market: Focus on Products, Application, Competitive Landscape and 57 Countries - Analysis and Forecast (2017-2025)
The increased prevalence of chronic diseases and the rising geriatric population has led to the high demand for better medicines and facilities. For the continued and improved care of the patients, the drug infusion systems are being extensively used in the hospitals as well as the home care settings.
As per the Arthritis Foundation, the older population in the U.S. affected by arthritis is estimated to grow to 21% by 2040, from the current value of 15%. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases is another factor contributing to the growth of the market. In the recent years, the prevalence of chronic diseases has been increasing irrespective of the age. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), the global prevalence of diabetes increased to 8.5% in adults over the age of 18 years in 2014 from 4.7% in 1980. The prevalence of genetic diseases, and cancer has also witnessed a rise in the recent years.
As per the U.S. FDA an infusion pump is a medical device that delivers controlled amounts of fluids such as nutrients and medication.
The drug infusion systems market includes various infusion systems products including the components such as pumps, accessories and disposables. The market includes several products such as large volume pumps, enteral pumps, syringe pumps, insulin pumps, elastomeric pumps, Patient controlled Analgesia (PCA), ambulatory pumps, and implantable pumps, among many others. These devices are being used for the administration of fluids and medication to a number of diseases, and therapeutic areas such as diabetes, analgesia, nutrition, haematology, oncology and paediatrics. The market analysis includes an in-depth examination of the key ecosystem players, and the key strategies and developments taking place in this market. Additionally, it includes market dynamics (market drivers, opportunities, and challenges), and industry analysis.
The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the drug infusion systems market in terms of various factors influencing it such as recent trends, technological advancements, and regulatory aspects of the market. The scope of this report is centred upon conducting a detailed study of the solutions allied with the drug infusion systems market. The market has been segmented into ‘product’, ‘application’, ‘end users’ and ‘geographical regions’. The report presents the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market, and helps in forming well informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into the consideration before entering the market.
This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global market with the help of the key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The study considers the growth-share matrix model for a comprehensive study of the global drug infusion systems market, and assesses the factors governing the same.
The answers to the following key questions can be derived from this report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global drug infusion systems market
- How did the drug infusion systems market evolve, and what is its scope in the future
- What is the market share of the leading segments, and sub-segments of the global drug infusion systems market in the period 2016-2025
- How will each segment of the global drug infusion systems market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market
- What is the infusion systems market value in different countries of the world
- What will be the growth rate of the insulin infusion systems during the forecast period
- Which product segment is expected to register the highest CAGR for the drug infusion systems market
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of application Which application segment has the largest share, and growth rate in the drug infusion systems market
- How the homecare segment among the end users will grow in the period 2016-2025
Which geographical region will contribute to the highest sales of drug infusion systems
The key players that have been contributing significantly to the drug infusion systems market are Becton, Dickinson & Company, Caesarea Medical Electronics Ltd, Debiotech, Medtronic, Flowonix Medical Inc., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, ICU Medical, Insulet Corporation, IRADIMED CORPORATION, MOOG, Smiths Group, Tandem Diabetes care, and Terumo Corporation, among others.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.