Global Lactose Free Dairy Products Market: Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2025
Global Lactose-Free Dairy Products Market Anticipated to Reach $12.09 Billion by 2025
Market Report Coverage - Lactose Free Dairy Products
- Product – Milk, Yogurt, Cheese, Ice-Cream, Others
- Application (End-User)– Direct Sales, Retail Sales
- North America – U.S., Canada, Mexico
- Europe – Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Finland
- Asia-Pacific & Japan - India, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Japan
- South America – Brazil, Argentina
- Middle East Africa –Saudi Arabia, South Africa
- Rise in Demand for Healthier Dairy Alternatives
- Growing Lactose Intolerant Population
- Rising Purchasing Power of Consumers
- Taste and Preferences of Consumers
- Product Diversification in Lactose Free Dairy Offerings
- Increasing Private Label Offerings
Key Companies Profiled
- Valio Ltd., Arla Foods, Nestle S.A., Lactaid, Dean Foods, Organic Valley, Danone S.A., Nestle S.A., Granarolo Group, and Lactaid
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the key drivers and challenges in the global lactose free dairy products market?
- How does the supply chain function in the global lactose free dairy products market?
- Which product type segment is expected to witness the maximum demand growth in the global lactose free dairy products market during 2020-2025?
- Which are the key application areas for which different lactose free dairy products may experience high demand during the forecast period, 2020-2025?
- Who are the key suppliers of different lactose free dairy products?
- What are the business and corporate strategies of market players involved in the global lactose free dairy products market?
- What are the key offerings of the prominent companies in the market for lactose free dairy products?
- Which regions and countries are leading in terms of consumption of global lactose free dairy products market, and which of them are expected to witness high demand growth during 2020-2025?
- What are the expected key consumer attributes in various regions for the period 2020-2025?
- What are the developments in the market landscape for lactose free dairy products manufacturers?
The dairy industry is witnessing a massive transformation as the consumer preferences are gradually changing, owing to the increasing awareness toward health and wellness. Consumers globally have realized that traditional dairy is unsuitable for their consumption due to the high lactose levels in the dairy products, thus paving way for the future of lactose free dairy products. Established dairy players across regions have entered the lactose free dairy products market, leveraging their wide network of consumers and various distribution channels. These players are also creating awareness amongst consumers through promotional and marketing strategies to persuade consumers to opt for lactose free dairy products to suit their nutritional needs. Owing to the popularity of consumption benefits of dairy products, at least one dairy product is being consumed by an individual on a daily basis, globally. This has, in turn, enabled many consumers to detect lactose intolerance, which does not allow proper digestion of dairy products. According to the data in 2019, around 65-70% of the global population is expected to be lactose intolerant.
Most of the consumers with lactose intolerance do not notice the symptoms of lactose intolerance or ignore the symptoms. Many dairy consumers have also stopped the consumption of dairy products to avoid uneasiness. This is evident from the declining milk consumption levels globally. For instance, in the U.S., milk consumption has plummeted by over 40% from 1975 to 2019, with consumption of 247 pounds per capita in 1975 to 149 pounds per capita in 2019. This has given rise to the popularity of lactose free dairy products, which act as a solution to the growing lactose intolerance globally. Dairy products that are commonly used regularly are widely available in their lactose free variant. These include milk (both white milk and flavored milk), yogurt, cheese, and milk powder, among others. The most upcoming product categories under lactose free dairy products include ice creams and dietary supplements.
The increasing levels of lactose intolerance in the global population, urbanization, and disposable income have generated the need for consumption of suitable dairy products, such as the lactose free dairy products. The healthy living and lifestyle trends amongst the affluent urban population also contribute to the adoption of lactose free dairy products as a symbol of status in the society. In many countries, the growing café culture is a driving force behind the consumption of lactose free dairy products, especially milk. Awareness about the benefits of lactose free dairy products, such as ease in digestion, has influenced many consumers toward a wider consumption of lactose free dairy products.
The exponential rise in the adoption of lactose free dairy products on the global level has created a buzz among companies to invest in this industry.
Many global companies that offer traditional dairy products also offer lactose free dairy products, such as Valio Ltd., Arla Foods, Nestle S.A., Lactaid, Dean Foods, Organic Valley, Danone S.A., Nestle S.A., Granarolo Group, and Lactalis Group.
On the basis of region, Europe holds the largest share of lactose free dairy products sold in terms of value, due to high awareness and product availability in the region. Apart from this, China and Asia-Pacific Japan regions are anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.