Aircraft Manufacturing Global Market Briefing 2018
Including: Airplanes, Gliders, Helicopters, and Drones
Covering: The Boeing Company, Airbus Group, and Lockheed Martin Corp.
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example, our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Aircraft Manufacturing consists of companies involved in developing prototypes and manufacturing or assembling of complete aircraft and making aircraft. These include manufacturing of blimps, gliders, helicopters, target drones, ultra-light aircraft and unmanned and robotic aircrafts.
North America was the largest region in the aircraft manufacturing market in 2017, accounting for 31% share in the market. This was due to strong air travel market in the region which includes USA and Canada. Large market size is also due to investment and expansion of leading airlines in the region.
Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for 26% share in the market.
South America was the smallest region accounting for 4% share in the market.
Superjumbo Jets To Become A Thing Of Past
The move to superjumbo jets has now reversed, and airlines are now shifting towards using mid-sized planes. This is mainly because airlines now prefer mid-sized twin-engine planes that can travel long distances. Many carriers are losing interest in big planes. For example, in 2016, Singapore Airlines decided to not renew the lease on five of its Airbus A380s, when the ten-year contract expires in 2017. Qantas, which currently flies 12 Airbus A308s, is investing in Boeing Dreamliners. In 2014, Boeing did not sell a single jumbo jet. Air France has decided not to take the final two A380s that it has ordered, whereas Malaysian Airlines is trying to lease out the jumbo planes it currently owns.
- Table 1 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, 2017, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Aircraft Manufacturing Market, 2017, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.