Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Global Market Briefing 2018
Including: Weapons, Radars
Covering: Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Company, and Lockheed Martin Corporation
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Radars and weapons industry includes establishments that manufacture radars and weapons for civilian and military purpose. Radars operates in the ultra-high-frequency (UHF) or microwave part of the radio-frequency (RF) spectrum, and these radio waves used to determine the range, angle, or velocity of objects such as aircraft, spacecraft, guided missiles, ships, motor vehicles, weather formations, and terrain. The types of weapons manufactured by companies in this market are small arms and ammunitions, bombs, rockets and rocket launcher, torpedoes and other military knives.
North America was the largest region in the radars and weapons manufacturing market in 2017, accounting for 49.8% share in the market. North America, led by US, dominates the global radars and weapons manufacturing market in terms of expenditure and technological advances.
Asia-Pacific was the second largest region, accounting for 25.8% share in the market. The geopolitical instability & the growing territorial and maritime conflicts in Asia-Pacific region is driving the demand for military radars and weapons in the countries, such as China, India, Australia, and Japan, to enhance their inventory of arms and weapons.
South America was the smallest region accounting for 0.7% share in the market.
Rising Use Of Passive Radars
Use of passive radars are gaining traction in the market due to its advantages across wide range of defense and civil applications and cost effectiveness . Passive radars use the existing electromagnetic signals from the atmosphere to support imaging and tracking capabilities, whereas the regular/active radar sends out electromagnetic signals to the target and receives reflected signals from the target. Passive radars use ambient radio signals for tracking and surveillance and are less expensive to operate. Some of the examples of passive radar systems are Silent Sentry by Lockheed Martin, Celldar by Roke Manor Research Limited, and Homeland Alerter 100 by Thales Group.
- Table 1 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013- 2021
- Table 7 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, 2017, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market , Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market , Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013- 2021
- Figure 7 : Global Radars And Weapons Manufacturing Market, 2017, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.