Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Copper Mining, Zinc Mining, Lead Mining, and Nickel Mining
Covering: Glencore plc, Corporacion Nacional del Cobre de Chile (Codelco), BHP Billiton Ltd, Grupo Mexico, Norilsk Nickel, Freeport-McMoRan Inc., Vale SA, Southern Copper Corporation, Anglo American plc, First Quantum Minerals Ltd
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market Numbers –
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
The copper, nickel, lead and zinc mining industries include companies developing mine sites, mining and converting ores into copper, nickel, lead or zinc content. Mining is either done through underground and surface mining techniques. Underground mining are used to reach deeper deposits which requires digging tunnels or shafts to reach buried ore deposits. Surface mining is used for less valuable deposits and is done by removing surface vegetation or layers of bedrock to reach ore deposits. 80% of zinc mining is extracted through underground mining whereas 90% of copper mining is done in open pits
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the copper, nickel, lead, and zinc mining market in 2017, accounting for over 51% market share. This can be partially attributed to copper and lead demand by the electrical and electronic industry for manufacturing. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 12% market share. Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for over 3% market share. This was mainly due to the size of the region limited number of steel, electronic and electrical manufacturers in the region.
The implementation of IoT in mining industry is enhancing decision making capabilities and reduces production costs. IoT enables the sensors to pick up real time data, analyze the data, facilitate equipment communication, identifies faulty equipment and derive insights from the data generated. With fully integrated network, the mining equipment is monitored on real time basis and a report is projected on when the repairs or maintenance is required. In the near future, IoT is expected to become the standard in mining industry. According to the report published by Deloitte, globally, 69% of the mining companies are looking at remote monitoring and 29% at unmanned drones to improve their operations monitoring and productivity.
- Table 1 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Table 2 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 - 2021
- Table 3 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Figure 2 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 - 2021
- Figure 3 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.