Dental Equipment and Suppliers Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Dental Surgical Equipment, Dental Diagnostic Imaging Equipment, General Dental Equipment, And Therapeutic Dental Equipment
Covering: Dentsply Sirona, Danaher Corporation, and Carestream Health
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example, our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Note on Currency Conversions
All currency conversions are done on the basis of 2015 exchange rates.
The dental equipment and supplies market includes the tools, appliances and apparatus which are specifically designed to aid diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of a patient suffering from diseases of the teeth and gums. The dental equipment and supplies market comprises all organizations that engage in the manufacturing and marketing of dental equipment and accessories for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to teeth and gums.
Dental surgeries and treatment are done by specialized dentists such as endodontists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, periodontists and prosthodontists.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the dental equipment and supplies market in 2017, accounting for around 33% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 29% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 3% market share.
3D printing is a procedure that creates a three-dimensional object by building successive layers of raw material. Objects produced are from a digital 3D file such as a magnetic resonance image or a computer-aided design drawing (CAD). Some of the key applications of 3D printers in the dental equipment market are: aiding in the placement of dental crowns and external dental prosthetics, and object visualization during dental surgeries. For instance, Planmeca, a leading CAD/CAM software provider offers dental Planmeca PlanCAD and Planmeca PlanScan CAD/CAM software. In 2016, Planmeca launched Planmeca Creo, a new range of 3D printers used for printing dental implants and splints.
- Table 1 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Table 2 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Table 3 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Historic and Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Figure 2 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Figure 3 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Historic and Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Dental Equipment And Supplies Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.