Dialysis Devices Global Market Briefing 2018
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Dialysis devices are used to treat medical conditions such as kidney failure or damage. Dialysis is a process of purifying the blood of a person whose kidneys are damaged, missing, dysfunctional, failed, or missing. The process involves an extracorporeal removal of waste products from the blood, including creatinine, urea, and free water, when the kidneys are unable to purify the patient’s blood under normal conditions.
The global dialysis devices market grew to $14,868 million in 2017 at an impressive compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Home Dialysis Devices
Home dialysis devices are a new trend shaping the dialysis device market. Traditionally, dialysis devices were available only in hospital and patients had to be connected to it for almost 4 hours a day. Newer machines being introduced into the market are allowing patients to administer their own treatment in the comfort of their own home. Such machines are lightweight and easy to use, and enable flexible treatment with patients getting treated overnight in some cases.
- Table 1 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Table 3 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Table 5 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013 – 2021
- Table 7 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Figure 5 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013 – 2021
- Figure 7 : Global Dialysis Devices Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.