Media Global Market Briefing 2018
Including: TV and Radio Broadcasting, Print Media, Website, Film And Music, and Information Services
Covering: Google, Walt Disney, Time Warner Inc., Facebook.com, Comcast Corporation
The report is built on information collected through secondary sources and analysis done by The Business Research Company (TBRC). The secondary sources include the data published by statistical bodies, government agencies, market intelligence databases and annual reports. Insights on the current market scenario, historic and forecast market drivers were gathered from industry reports and news articles.
Note on Market Numbers –
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
The word ‘media’ refers to the technology by which information is delivered to an audience. The media industry consists of businesses that produce and distribute television and radio programs, motion pictures, and commercials along with video and audio recordings, games and publishing. Media plays an important role in making the world a global village and reducing the communication gaps. Media is considered as a source of/channel for information, education, entertainment and advertising.
North America was the largest region in the media market in 2017, accounting for around 35% market share. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for 25% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 4% market share.
The newspaper industry is currently experiencing significant transformations with the advent of new technologies. The new technologies are providing a multitude of new platforms to disseminate news content in exciting and innovative ways. Publishers of newspapers and news media have changed their distribution approaches by introducing digital offers and services which can cater the needs of the consumers.
- Table 1 : Global Media Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Media Market, Historic Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Media Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Media Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Media Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Media Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Media Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Media Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Media Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Media Market, Split By Regions, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Media Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Media Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Media Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Media Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.