Military Ground Vehicle Manufacturing Global Market Briefing 2018
Including: Military Armored Vehicles, Military Battle Tanks, and Unmanned Ground Vehicles
Covering: The Boeing Company, Airbus Group, and Lockheed Martin Corp
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example, our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Military ground vehicle market comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing combat tanks, military armored vehicles and unmanned ground vehicles, specialized components for combat tanks and self-propelled weapons.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the military ground vehicles manufacturing market in 2017, accounting for 46.1% share in the market. The defense and security challenges faced by many Asian countries have significantly increased during the last few years, forcing the governments to enhance military ground capabilities in order to defend their land territory. Countries such as China, India, Pakistan, North Korea and South Korea have procured military ground vehicles including tanks in large numbers to secure their respective borders. Hence, the military ground vehicles market in Asia-Pacific was the largest market in 2017.
Western Europe was the second largest region, accounting for 3.1% share in the market. The governments of countries in the Western European region have allocated significant budgets for strengthening their military force and spent heavily for procuring advanced and modern military vehicles. Hence, the military ground vehicles market in Western Europe was the second largest market in 2017.
South America was the smallest region, accounting for 0.4% share in the market.
Rise in Demand for Electronic Camouflage Tanks.
Demand for electronic camouflage tanks has increased in the recent years. The camouflage system technology makes battle tanks somewhat invisible in the battlefield to potential attackers. This technology uses honeycomb shaped modules that allows a tank to imitate the temperature of its surroundings and hide in its varying terrain, such as deserts, forests and towns, making tanks invisible to thermal imaging systems. BAE Systems has developed ADAPTIV, an electronic camouflage system, in 2017 and has started installing it in new CV90 family of Swedish military vehicles.
- Table 1 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, 2017, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Military Ground Vehicles Manufacturing Market, 2017, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.