Mining Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Mines And Quarry, Coal, Lignite, And Anthracite Mining, Metal Ore Mining, Support Activities For Mining, Copper, Nickel, Lead, And Zinc Mining, Stone Mining And Quarrying, and General Mineral Mining.
Covering: BHP Billiton Ltd, Glencore plc, Vale SA, Rio Tinto Group, and CRH Plc.
The report is built on information collected through secondary sources and analysis done by The Business Research Company (TBRC). The secondary sources include the data published by statistical bodies, government agencies, market intelligence databases and annual reports. Insights on the current market scenario, historic and forecast market drivers were gathered from industry reports and news articles.
Note on Market Numbers –
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Internet of Things technology gives miners greater insights on the working condition of their equipment. Sensors on the mining machinery drives predictive maintenance that in turn reduces the likelihood of unplanned, unscheduled downtimes that often drain the resources of mining companies. IoT technology gives realistic insights on machine wear and tear rates that enable miners to plan maintenance schedule accordingly.
Mining is the process of extracting minerals, metals and other valuable materials from the earth crust. Metals and minerals extracted from raw materials are widely used in industries such as agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, utilities, communication, and construction. Sand and gravel, coal and stone are non-metallic products of the mining industry.
The Mining market in this report is segmented into coal, lignite, and anthracite mining, metal ore mining, support activities for mining, copper, nickel, lead, and zinc mining, stone mining and general mineral mining segments.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the mining market in 2017, accounting for around 64% market share. This is mainly because most countries in the region have significant demand for these minerals and large mineral resources. Asia Pacific makes up almost two-thirds of the global non-ferrous mineral exploration expenditure. North America was the second largest region accounting for over 10% market share. Middle East was the smallest region accounting for less than 3% market share.
- Table 1 : Global Mining Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Mining Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017– 2021
- Table 3 : Global Mining Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Mining Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Mining Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Mining Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Mining Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017– 2021
- Figure 3 : Global Mining Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Mining Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Mining Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Mining Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.