Nephrology And Urology Devices Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Dialysis Devices, Urinary Stone Devices, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Treatment Devices, and Endoscopy Devices
Covering: Baxter International Inc., Fresenius Medical Care AG & KGaA and Cook Group Incorporated
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example, our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market, its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Note on Currency Conversions
All currency conversions are done on the basis of 2015 exchange rates.
Nephrology and urology devices are used in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases related to kidney (Nephrology) and genitourinary system including urinary tract systems of both genders and male reproductive system problems (Urology). Most commonly occur diseases related to those systems are chronic kidney diseases (CKD), kidney stones, end stage renal disease (ESRD), urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the nephrology and urology devices market in 2017, accounting for around 34% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 28% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 3% market share.
Wearable artificial kidney is a new trend shaping the nephrology and urology device market and replaces stationary hemodialysis machines. Traditionally, patients undergoing a renal replacement surgery had to be subjected to large blood cleansing machines, disabling free movement and freedom of living. In 2015, the FDA approved the clinical testing of wearable artificial kidney and in 2016, a prototype was tested in the University of Washington. The nephrology and urology devices market has been discussing the feasibility and development of artificial kidneys since more than a decade, and the future seems to be very promising as the test was successful with positive results
- Table 1 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Table 3 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Table 5 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013 – 2021
- Table 7 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2016
- Figure 1 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Figure 5 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013 – 2021
- Figure 7 : Global Nephrology And Urology Devices Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.