Recreation Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Amusement and Recreation Industries, Sports and Arts Promoters, Theatre and Live Music, Performing arts, Gambling Industries, Museums, Historical Sites, Zoos and Parks
Covering: The Walt Disney Company, Las Vegas Sands, Universal Studios, MGM Resorts, Merlin Entertainment Group, Smithsonian Institution, Seaworld Entertainment, Vail Resorts, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.
The report is built on information collected through secondary sources and analysis done by The Business Research Company (TBRC). The secondary sources include the data published by statistical bodies, government agencies, market intelligence databases and annual reports. Insights on the current market scenario, historic and forecast market drivers were gathered from industry reports and news articles.
Note on Market Numbers –
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Recreation is a pastime, diversion, exercise or other resource for relaxation and enjoyment. Recreational activities are often done for enjoyment, amusement or pleasure. Recreational activities include taking part in sporting activities and visiting museums, historical sites, zoos and parks and also witnessing spectator sports and events. Gambling except casino hotels can also be considered to be part of recreation market.
North America was the largest region in the recreation market in 2017, accounting for around 36% market share. This was mainly due to high disposable income, presence of a large middle class population that seek recreation services and huge popularity of sporting events among the population in countries such as the USA and Canada. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for around 26% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 3% market share.
Experiences Will Be More Interactive and Multisensory
To enhance visitor experience, amusement parks are transforming their attractions from passive amusements into participatory adventures. Motion tracking enables amusement parks to offer virtual reality experiences built for multiple people to experience simultaneously. A new experience was demonstrated with motion tracking and massive 4k resolution projections at Disneyland California .
- Table 1 : Global Recreation Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Recreation Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Table 3 : Global Recreation Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Recreation Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Recreation Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Recreation Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Recreation Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Recreation Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Recreation Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Figure 3 : Global Recreation Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Recreation Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Recreation Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Recreation Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Recreation Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.