Transformer Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Power Transformers, Distribution Transformers, Specialty Transformers, Industrial And Household Transformers
Covering: General Electric, ABB Ltd. And Schneider Electric S.A.
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews –
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Competitor Market Share Data –
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Market Numbers –
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Note on Currency Conversions –
All currency conversions are done on the basis of 2015 exchange rates.
Eco-friendly Power Transformers was considered to be one of the latest trends shaping the Transformer Manufacturing Market as of 2016. Transformer manufacturers are producing eco-friendly power transformers by using non mineral transformer insulating liquids. Eco-friendly power transformers use ester fluids such as insulating liquids which are extracted from vegetable oils. Ester fluids also have high flash and fire points suitable for use in areas requiring high fire safety standards.
Low rated transformer (100 MVA to 500 MVA) segment was the largest segment in the transformer manufacturing market with around 69% share of the market. It is followed by Medium rated transformer (501 MVA to 800 MVA) with around 19% share of the market. This includes transformers from power range of 501 MVA to 800 MVA. High rated transformer (801 MVA to 1200 MVA) segment was the third largest segment with around 12% share of the market.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the transformer manufacturing market in 2017, accounting for arounbd 45% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 22% market share. Middle East was the lowest region accounting for around 2% market share.
The top five competitors in the market made up 34% of the total market share in 2016.
Toshiba Corporation was the largest competitor, followed by Schneider Electric, ABB Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, and Siemens.
- Table 1 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Split By Regions, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Table 5 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Split By Regions, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Transformer Manufacturing Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.