The global metal and ceramic injection molding industry (MIM) for 2012 is estimated to be $1.51 billion. This market is expected to show a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% over the next six years, reaching $2.88 billion in 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for ceramic and metal injection molding (MIM) technologies, covering both powder and liquid processes for the metal injection segment.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Reviews and analysis of the patents awarded in the CIM and MIM technologies, by technology, by year and by geography; discussion on trends.
- Detailed analysis of various supplier products and technologies supporting the MIM marketplace, by technology and by geography; includes comprehensive lists of suppliers by product.
- Detailed analysis of various application markets for MIM technologies, such as firearms, medical and dental and watch making; includes comprehensive lists of customers by industry.
- Descriptions of the diverse products that can be made via powder metal injection molding and thixo-molding technologies, and the different markets for parts, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, industrial, medical, dental and the 3C industry; materials used in each.
Download Report Overview
GLOBAL SALES OF MIM COMPONENTS BY REGION, 2012 AND 2018
Source: BCC Research
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report summarizes the market trends in the MIM and CIM industry globally. Although the emphasis is mainly on the MIM market, the CIM market is discussed in as much detail as possible.
Industry basics of both Metal and Ceramic Injection Molding are provided in separate chapters, after the Executive Summary.
In addition, three separate chapters analyze the supply side, production side and end-user markets of the MIM and CIM industry. The supply side chapter covers powder manufacturers, feedstock manufacturers and equipment makers who support the MIM and CIM industry. Application markets are analyzed in detail, especially for the firearms market. Here the four subcategories of pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns are presented in terms of numbers, major players and trends.
Patents related to MIM and CIM are analyzed in the subsequent chapter. The final chapter provides detailed profiles of nearly 200 top companies, including patents owned by each and company financials where specific data is available.
Since the industry is highly technical in nature, the report has a strong focus on the technical details of the industry, and should provide numerous tips, guidance and data sets to companies already working in the MIM industry with one material or process and want to branch out into other materials and processes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vijay Subramanian has a PhD in Materials Science and has extensive experience in the field of materials, including an in-depth understanding of metal powders and their applications. He worked for more than a decade in the automotive industry in the U.S. and later in India, and owns multiple U.S. patents in the fields of friction materials and coatings. He has authored reports for BCC Research since 2012. Other reports by the author include AVM086A Top Ten Suppliers of Friction Products and Materials, AVM088A Top Ten Companies in Powder Metallurgy, FOD053A Top Ten Supplies of Food Safety Products and Technology, and AVM033B Abrasive Materials, Products, Applications and Global Markets.
Download Report Overview